Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my mother and i took our ccw class all and all it went well. came time for the range time, so we go our gear and went to the range. i had almost four boxes of winchester white box to put down range.

the gun shot pretty well once i started eliminating the things i was doing wrong and i was starting to put the shots where i wanted them, or close.

but the problem was i had several failure to extracts. for some the casing was getting cought in the breach, and others the extractor wasnt pulling it out of the chamber. this happened sometimes twice a mag, and other times ever other mag, it was way more frequent than i would like to ignore. there were also a couple failure to feeds.

the range i was at also happened to be where i purchased the gun, so i said something to the guy, and he said that it looked dry, and he went and oiled it, the problem persisted, and then he blamed the ammo.

i find this hard to believe, that the gun would either have a problem with wwb, or that it would malfunction because it was dry, considering the torture test it was hardly ever oiled, and mine was oiled after the last time i shot it...

is it possible that its the ammo? or should i be contacting the warranty dept.?

thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and also i forgot that range owner, told me that i shouldnt be slingshotting the gun, or "yanking it" as he says. but from what i read there is no problem with it on the xd.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you get it new or was it used? Definitely shouldn't have any problems with WWB in that gun. Id say call Springfield up and see if they can help you out.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Make sure you weren't limp-wristing it, or that your grip was too low. That can cause some problems. Ignore the range guy who said you shouldn't slingshot it...it is perfectly fine to do so.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I agree with the above posters. If you are going to depend on that gun for you life then either get the gun shop to swap it out or send it off to Springfield. I wouldn't trust it until you can run 200+ rounds through it w/o a malfunction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts