Springfield XD Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Civilization as we have known it is in a downward spiral. Homeless people are taking everyone back to caveman style living. Is it time for survival of the fittest again? Something has to change.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If they would physically make the protesters and all associated with the whole event clean and sanitize the place, top to bottom to the owners specifications this crap wouldn’t happen so often. But I suppose that would hurt someone’s feelings.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Antifa out in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA yesterday. They want much more than Joe & The Hoe will probably give them.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Police say 47-year-old Leonardo Ortega pulled a shotgun on 68-year-old Phil Salmon, and stole his pick up truck Wednesday morning from a Chevron gas station in Seattle’s Greenwood neighborhood. Salmon’s son Dan says it could have been a lot worse.

“A lot worse if he had pulled the trigger, it would have been over he was only 3 feet away,” says Dan.

Authorities say Ortega then proceeded to take officers on a car chase with speeds reaching up to 75 miles per hour on city streets during the morning commute, ending with a huge crash several miles away at the corner of Broad St and Alaskan Way along the downtown waterfront. Ortega was immediately arrested.

Friday afternoon, Ortega waived his right to appear in court for his bail hearing. He’s facing multiple charges including motor vehicle theft and evading police.

Ortega has a lengthy criminal history including seven felony convictions such as being in possession of a stolen gun and stealing cars.

“We know from police they are investigating him for multiple cases not only in Seattle but in other cities as well,” says Casey McNerthney with the King County Prosecutor's Office.

But there are now questions about why a judge released him last month after being arrested for allegedly stealing an empty FedEx truck in the Northgate neighborhood.

"In those docs that we got from police, law enforcement didn’t object to the release,” says McNerthney, which allowed Ortega to be on the street before this latest arrest.

“I’m not sure if the officer who looked at that case when they put together that form knew the extent of his history. So that’s not meant to knock the police at all,” says McNerthney.

Dan says his dad was not hurt during this car jacking, just a bit rattled.

“He’s doing good, he’s recovering he shook it off, said he’s kinda glad it happened to him instead of one of the other employees,” says Dan.

Ortega remains behind bars and is scheduled to face a judge next week.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
No sympathy from me on this:
  • Strike 1. Illegally out on the freeway.
  • Strike 2. Freeway is active (not shutdown).
  • Strike 3. Out on the freeway at night, probably in dark clothing given the profile of these protestors.
Seattle is not responsible for freeways - the WA State Patrol is... yet the family is litigating against the City of Seattle.

Law enforcement letting protesters stay on I-5 became a deciding factor during a court hearing Friday involving the wrongful death lawsuit of Summer Taylor.

Taylor was killed when an alleged wrong way driver drove into a Black Lives Matter march taking place July 4 in the middle of the highway in downtown Seattle.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe there were 4 officers that left Seattle and came to work in Spokane. They more or less stated that it was nice to come to a city that made them feel welcome and give them support. Mayor Woodward said they were welcome here and looked forward to working with them and benefiting from their expertise. Gonna be a lot more leaving I suspect.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts