Springfield XD Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I see these sorts of comments about cities like Seattle and its always the same thing, nothing really useful or showing a way out of the BS politicians create. Sad fact is the politicians are elected by any one cities occupants so condemning what they do seems to almost always ignore or bypass HOW those screw ups come into power.

I say if a cities citizens want the leaders they choose let 'em have them----of course as best as can be done those citizens need to leave.

An earlier post speaking to how black people are viewed which also mentions their criminal activities. Bravo for saying that as its been a huge bug up my arse for many years now. Locally over the past 2 weeks we've had a spike in "gun violence" where black people have ambushed other blacks in their homes and their cars on the street, there have been a few children injured due those incidents. The early morning news over three different channels typically has at least one more incidence of black-on-black crime, all within the same few ZIP codes.

Frankly and perhaps a bit callous but I couldn't care less for any group of people who prey on their neighbors which seems be largely concentrated in the predominately black communties.

And yet they wan to defund the police and whine about "criminal justice reform"---stop doing the f'ing crime and you don't need reform.

Peace out friends! :)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
The Seattle City Council is considering new legislation that would create a legal loophole that would made substance addiction, mental illness or poverty a valid legal defense for nearly all misdemeanor crimes committed in the city.

The council's consideration of the plan has been largely shielded from public view and there has been virtually no public discussion about the proposal.

Scott Lindsay, the former public safety advisor for the city, said Seattle would be in a class of its own if it ultimately enacted the ordinance.

"I'm not aware of any legislation like this anywhere in the United States (or) even globally," he said Monday. "All cities have criminal codes to protect their citizens from criminal acts. This would essentially create a legal loophole that swallows all those codes and creates a green light for crime."

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Seattle is wiping itself off of the US map. Who would want to continue to live there? Businesses would fail, tax dollars would dry up. No more money for handouts, and the bums will take over and loot whatever is left of value. A complete wipeout of Seattle would be the result.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
...and not far away in Portland, OR.

In Portland, Oregon, a new ruling states landlords must now pay their tenants' relocation costs if those tenants can't afford the rent increases they're imposing. This rule will apply to rent increases issued through Mar. 31, 2021, and puts landlords on the hook for between $2,900 and $4,500 to allow tenants to move. Furthermore, this rule could be extended past March 2021, depending on how circumstances shake out.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
I am so glad I sold my rental properties. Good renters are getting hard to find. If you get a non payer, it's almost impossible to evict them now with all the new regulations that have been recently imposed. It could cause no rental income at all for months.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
An investigation on some of the protesters. Snippet:

The suspects are mostly white men who came into Seattle from communities outside the city to commit their crimes.

Of 95 cases obtained from public records requests and through court filings, KING 5 found:
  • 48% of suspects are white
  • 18% of suspects are black
  • 28% of cases race was undetermined or not listed
  • 32% of suspects listed Seattle as hometown

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Wow---since this thread was first started a full year or more not a lot has improved has it?

On the topic of a wide-spread eviction moratorium where renters can remain in a place without paying a dime If I were one of the larger rental community developers I'd strongly consider banding togetgher with other land lords and undertake a class action suit from what authority issued the decree for restituion of lost income I'd suffer.

Such stupidity seems to ignore most rental property owners have ongoing costs that have to be paid or they'll lose the properties outright. How does foreclosure and bank repossition help anyone?

I rent and am also self-employed in the trucking business so I am VERY dillengent about paying my way either COD or on the date payment is due---never late on anything. I'm not that good a guy but I'd not like someone dragging their feet paying me so I'll NEVER do that to another.

Just my $0.02 worth---nothing to see here! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
The biggest problem with all these a-holes is they have never been in business for themselves and have NO idea of what it takes. They just think that money falls from the sky and they DESERVE a place to live.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
The TV station KOMO just did a follow-up: The fight for the soul of Seattle.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The TV station KOMO just did a follow-up: The fight for the soul of Seattle.

I read the verbal story and it struck me there were no comments or replies from the Seattle city government.

Sadly I have no remorse for the city because the voters deserve the "leaders" they have---its not like they stormed the offices and took over---it would seem the majority has spoken.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've been thinking about what's transpired in Seattle in the past year, and I think we can learn from this.

We've learned that autonomous zones are acceptable. We've learned that catch & release of rioters is acceptable. We've got an incoming administration, that's hell bent on attacking our gun rights, our energy production, more lockdowns (rights to make a living), mask mandates, etc etc. We need to just start declaring autonomous zones that aren't subject to anything the new administration tries to push. We keep out LE that tries to enforce it. We pressure the local DAs to not prosecute any of it.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Homeless group (possibly a bunch of Antifa) pay for one night and 16 room at a motel, 40 move in, now won't pay or leave.

·
Banned
8,055 Posts
Homeless group (possibly a bunch of Antifa) pay for one night and 16 room at a motel, 40 move in, now won't pay or leave.

Just like a stray.
Feed um once and they will stay.
Usually how it goes when you give hand outs. The hand stays out looking for more.
Maybe a hand up is what they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

Do they not have "motel licenses" there that allow eviction for non payment that day?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Local LE stepped in and kicked them all out.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts