Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched like crazy all over the net for factory magazines for my XD-40. I'm in California and need the 9 round version. Does anyone know where I can get these? Or do I have to call Springfield? Thanks..

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
If you are talking subcompact mags, which your post does not mention, your best bet is to call springfield.

If you are talking mags for service or tactical, search for a 10 round mag, which is CA legal, and produced by the factory, you might have better luck.

And yes, you can call Springfield and order them direct, or you can check the sponsor sites here for them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NExd said:
If you are talking subcompact mags, which your post does not mention, your best bet is to call springfield.

If you are talking mags for service or tactical, search for a 10 round mag, which is CA legal, and produced by the factory, you might have better luck.

And yes, you can call Springfield and order them direct, or you can check the sponsor sites here for them
oh sorry, I did forget to mention it's the sub-compact..

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 10 round mags are "available for shipment to all states," just like the website says, they are California legal. Anything over 10 rounds is illegal in CA. I don't think SA makes a 9 round factory mag for the SC, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WWIIArmsLover said:
The 10 round mags are "available for shipment to all states," just like the website says, they are California legal. Anything over 10 rounds is illegal in CA. I don't think SA makes a 9 round factory mag for the SC, but I could be wrong.
The factory mags that I got with the gun are 9 round, and they also say so on the bottom. Now I'm confused... :-D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I just talked to Springfield, and they are 9 round mags, so I just ordered from them. 30 day back order though... :-(

Damn it's hard to find the accessories for this gun..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Standard .40 sub mags are 9rnd, but people squeeze 10 into them at times - from what i've heard.

regardless, they're CA legal. Don't over complicate it. There's only 1 version of the xd40 sub magazine. They are not artifically reduced in capacity. Just order any ole xd40 SUB mag and its legal

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
dtjobrien said:
ok, I just talked to Springfield, and they are 9 round mags, so I just ordered from them. 30 day back order though... :-(

Or you could have ordered from the site given and had them in 4 days

per website given

"We refer to these magazines as "CAMANY" magazines, as some folks are unable to own full-capacity magazines due to local legislation. States that impose such restrictions include: California, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington DC"

Springfield Armory OEM 10 Round Magazine

These are limited (10 round max) factory magazines, available for shipment to all states.

9mm

40S&W

.357SIG

.45GAP

Not hard to find acessories when you know what you are looking for,

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NExd said:
dtjobrien said:

per website given

"We refer to these magazines as "CAMANY" magazines, as some folks are unable to own full-capacity magazines due to local legislation. States that impose such restrictions include: California, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington DC"

These are limited (10 round max) factory magazines, available for shipment to all states.

9mm

40S&W

.357SIG

.45GAP

But I have the sub compact. Which according to Springfield, only uses the 9 round magazine, not these 10 rounders. Or am I missing something?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
dtjobrien said:
NExd said:
dtjobrien said:

per website given

9mm

40S&W

.357SIG

.45GAP

But I have the sub compact. Which according to Springfield, only uses the 9 round magazine, not these 10 rounders. Or am I missing something?
The fact that the website sells subcompact magazines specifically if you look at the pull down menu, one would assume that it is the mags that you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts