Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wanted to be in a zombie movie? That is the theme for this years Detroit Sportsman's Congress IDPA Halloween match. We will have a "fun" house along with all sorts of very fun Zombie smoking scenarios. The fun will be scary.
New to IDPA then no problem our great Range Safety Officers will help. What better time to get started than by smoking some cardboard zombies? Need some help on the rules no problem http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf This is our best match for introducing new IDPA shooters to the fun and one step closer to Zombie extermination. If you are interested in attending or want more info then PM me!

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Man, that sounds like fun. Wish I could be there. Maybe I'll have to talk to our guy and see if we can plan something similar.

ETA: Be sure to bring back some pics or at least an after action report.

It might be a good way to get the wife/girlfriend or kids/non-shooters involved... would you coming out to watch and help take some photos?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, that sounds like fun. Wish I could be there. Maybe I'll have to talk to our guy and see if we can plan something similar.

ETA: Be sure to bring back some pics or at least an after action report.

It might be a good way to get the wife/girlfriend or kids/non-shooters involved... would you coming out to watch and help take some photos?
That is a great idea.... That would make a great photo op.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Where, when, and what time should I show up.

BTW, I'm a newbie but purchased an XDm specifically after doing some reading up on IDPA. I to the point where I am shooting it pretty well but have a good case of the slows. From what I have read it looks like shooting IDPA would be a big help with that and a big plus is that it also looks like a lot of fun.

BTW, I live in Eastpointe so it shouldn't be too difficult to attend provided work doesn't interfere. However, I will need to know what the entry fee is and how many rounds of ammunition I'll need to bring with me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where, when, and what time should I show up.

BTW, I'm a newbie but purchased an XDm specifically after doing some reading up on IDPA. I to the point where I am shooting it pretty well but have a good case of the slows. From what I have read it looks like shooting IDPA would be a big help with that and a big plus is that it also looks like a lot of fun.

BTW, I live in Eastpointe so it shouldn't be too difficult to attend provided work doesn't interfere. However, I will need to know what the entry fee is and how many rounds of ammunition I'll need to bring with me.
So I'll start from beginning. We prefer slow and safe over fast and reckless. Speed will come with time and experience. My pistol skills have improved with training and then using that training in regular IDPA matches and practice. Next up the is the where. The Detroit sportman's congress is at 49800 Dequindre Road Utica, Michigan 48317. DSC IDPA Detroit Sportsmens Congress IPSC Handgun Shooting . I recommend at least 100 rounds but up to 200 rounds because the side games we have planned that you may want to participate in. FYI I'm grabbing some of my favorite "defense" rounds for one of the side games as I hear it will be "messy" fun :twisted:. The match is on Saturday October 25th. The first squad is at 10am and the second squad is at 1pm. Show up a bit early to register. The registration fee is $20 dollars. You can reshoot the match additonal times for fun at a reduced fee :shock:. One thing that most people comment on is how welcoming IDPA is of new shooters. We all were new shooters at one time and we will make sure you learn as you go and will take the extra time to make sure you understand.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Zombie match??

Does that mean head shots only?

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Zombie match??

Does that mean head shots only?
I'm guessing since they're using IDPA rules it's not mandatory, but I don't think they will stop you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing since they're using IDPA rules it's not mandatory, but I don't think they will stop you.
The way the scoring is stacking up the minimum hit requirement will be either three to the body or one to the head. As an example if you shoot two to the body as the target stands up (oh yeah!!) and you shoot the third one into the head it works because you met the minimum one hit to the head rule. The Zombies are difficult critters so we wanted to make sure they received enough lead.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow, that makes me actually consider the drive from here in "Night of the Living Dead" territory near Pittsburgh! Will they have a stock cricket-bat (SCB) class ("Shaun of the Dead" reference)?

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
The way the scoring is stacking up the minimum hit requirement will be either three to the body or one to the head. As an example if you shoot two to the body as the target stands up (oh yeah!!) and you shoot the third one into the head it works because you met the minimum one hit to the head rule. The Zombies are difficult critters so we wanted to make sure they received enough lead.
Awesome! I love it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that makes me actually consider the drive from here in "Night of the Living Dead" territory near Pittsburgh! Will they have a stock cricket-bat (SCB) class ("Shaun of the Dead" reference)?

We are trying to get the club to let us have a shotgun portion along with pumpkins!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We finalized the course of fire and it is going to be crazy fun. The "zombies" are so cool!!! We are even doing a graveyard along with a "fun" house with zombies everywhere :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts