Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fooling around with the OEM holster the other day, seeing how well it worked with the XDm. I ended up scratching the slide with a copper button off my jeans. They are not deep, and probably just on the surface.

Is there any way to get these out?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Lots of times Hoppes will take those off but if not, a good copper solvent such as Bore Shine or Sweets will probably take it off.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Try a cooper remover/cleaner and it will come right off. Remember to let the cleaner sit and have time to work. You did not scratch it you just rubbed some material onto the slide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did the same thing. Tried several things to get it off (Hoppes, steel wool, CLP), and nothing worked. After several trips to the range and normal cleaning afterwards the marks were gone.

·
Premium Member
127,264 Posts
Let us know if you get the scratches out.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
toothbrush and normal copper cleaner.

or you can just let it be and focus on hitting the target...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cleaned it a little bit before heading to the range today. Some of the copper came off with some Hoppes.

I'll have to get some copper cleaner to remove the rest.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looks ruined to me. Never have the same good looks that made it such a fine gun to start with.

If you want, I will do you a favor. I will give you $250 for that piece of junk so you can go get yourself a nice, new pretty one. I will try to take your old piece of crap out once in awhile a put a few rounds through it just to help it remember that it used to be beautiful...it is not an animal! Don't stare at it!

RJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts