Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their slide scratched from the little copper rivet thingys when using an open holster?
This sucks. Any way to get those scratches out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had it happen to my xd. I just rubbed the hell out of it with a little gun oil. They just seemed to be surface scratches and came right off. Hope you are as lucky as I was.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ya i had that happen i was wearing my gun around the house for no more than 20 min and i noticed scratched from that exact same ting on my jeans you were talkin bout. luckly mine rubed out

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Has anyone else had their slide scratched from the little copper rivet thingys when using an open holster?
This sucks. Any way to get those scratches out?
Yep, I can verify all of what everyone else has said. My Dad has the exact same problem with his Kimber Raptor and all he does is use a little gun oil and some elbow grease and they come right off. Good luck.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had that problem, but it seemed it was just a little of the copper/brass came off on the gun. No problem at all.

The problem was the time I forgot I had my pocket knife clipped in that pocket and the steel clip scratched the finish on my 1911. That mark didn't come out.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
It's not scratched it's that some copper rubbed off on the slide. Bore solvent and a nylon brush will fix that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
so i was looking at my 9sc bi-tone and the slide has some gouges on it. it is a deep scratch where there is a small collection of metal at the end of the scratch. anyone know if a gunsmith or i could get them out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got some pretty deep scratches on the end of my slide, was using the kydex holster that comes with the XD well the steel clip from my pocket knife scratched the heck out of the slide, first and last time I ever used that holster

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a bunch of scratches and marks on the end of my 45 tac. Some from the rivets on the jeans, and a few pretty bad ones from the clip on my knife. I like scratches:cool:

I DON'T like scratches on my overpriced 1911, so I try to be more careful when I (rarely) carry it.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have a bunch of scratches and marks on the end of my 45 tac. Some from the rivets on the jeans, and a few pretty bad ones from the clip on my knife. I like scratches:cool:

I DON'T like scratches on my overpriced 1911, so I try to be more careful when I (rarely) carry it.
If a gun is too "expensive" or to "pretty" (or any other adjective you care to use) to carry, then what good is it? A gun is designed to be carried and used. If all it is going to do is sit on a shelf in a case to impress your friends then a I say what a waste of money! There are much better ways to "invest" your money if that is what you are wanting to do. Come on guys (and gals) if you are going to spend good money on a firearm, let's spend it on ones that are reliable and fun too shoot! Don't mean to offend, just my $0.02 and I guess I just had an unbearable urge to vent this morning. LOL :p:shock::p

·
Registered
366 Posts
No offense taken, I don't have any guns that don't get used regularly. I have a few guns I'm really careful with, some get carried all the time. I think having an overpriced 1911 that rarely gets carried, but still gets a few rounds through it, is perfectly fine. It's American.:grin:

--John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts