Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous owner installed KNS pins, a MagPul Enhanced trigger guard and a Knight free-float carbine rail.
Oh yea,...... forgot to add, he also installed a CCA stock!? :confused:

Any rate, stoked over this one, 500 rounds fired, pics are not the greatest. I'll get some posted later this week. But it's the standard Colt Law Enforcement carbine.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Is that a collapsible stock?? If so replace it with a CTR or a UBR.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Somehow I ended up with an Accu Wedge in my spare parts kit. I don't need it for any of my AR's. If you need it for your new Colt, it is yours for the taking.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
First it's asking for opinions and than telling us were wrong. Now it's trying to buy people. What's next?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Wild Bill, not the OP. Mini skirts?
That's what I was saying, I was adding on to your list...

I dont' want to hi-jack this thread. But yeah, mini skirts.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks all.
I have no idea what the owner was thinking,..... but He liked it.
Looking forward to getting this one. Was planning on sitting this
one in the safe for a.........................

Mini skirts? mmmmmmmmm mini skirts.

** PREVIOUS OWNER'S PICTURES**

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
As an avid gun collector, I am always on the look out for valuable or interesting guns. The best Colt AR-15 I ever fired was a pre-1994 HBAR that could shoot the wings off a gnat. It belongs to my cousin. 1994 was the year Colt was aquired and the same year the first Assault Weapons Ban took effect. I have not handled or fired a Colt that was as good or better than that one, but I am looking. Colt has since made many concessions to the AWB that are still reflected in their civilian products, eventhough we are in the non-ban era. Just one example: Colt owns the trademark rights to the "AR-15" name. They are the only maker allowed to use that name. But they don't. I find that confounding.

With Colts I first check the receiver slop, as it varies considerably from loose to very loose (if it is not loose, check for an Accu Wedge), which is why I would not buy a Colt online. Then I check for non-standard 0.170 hammer/trigger pins, which are another anti-tamper civilian concession but not necessarily a deal breaker. The most important thing is that it must be 100% intact with all Colt parts. Evidence of home gunsmithing and aftermarket replacement parts make the value plummet, as it would with any collectable firearm.

I am always on the look out for a good example of a Colt, but I probably would have passed on yours, as I am a nit-picky collector. No offense intended, as I am sure it will shoot well and suit your needs.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow,.... thanks for your reply and your wonderful insight! :roll:

The factory Colt delta ring assy and hand guards are included, the factory trigger & sear pins are included. I have all the factory parts/pieces, except the stock.
Found a few for $35-40 on another site, thanks mvician. :cool:

Plan to reinstall the factory trigger guard, and install a Colt stock, may pick up a CTR. I plan to the KNS and the Knight's rail installed, as I see this as a woth while mod.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Whoever put Crapco garbage on that gun should be beaten with it.
Man,..... that's a bit harsh!
But, I promise you this, within the first few minutes I have it in my posession, the CCA stock body will be removed.

Make ya feel a bit better?

** Just bought a proper stock for this Colt**

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glad to hear you got the right stock for it. I actually have a couple sitting in my parts bin and was going to send you a PM and offer to sell you one.

I just don't understand why people do things like that. Buy one of the best possible fighting carbines money can buy, and then put a Crapco stock, or a SPOT optic, or other garbage on it.

I posted elsewhere earlier today, but I'd rather shoot a quality gun with just irons and a sling than have a crappy gun (or a good gun) covered in cheap crap. That Crapco stock offers NO advantage over the OEM version.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do appreciate the thought, I really do.

I completely understand. The seller has nine other AR15's, mostly built for "high-power match" shooting. He is very aware of "quality" parts. But a CCA?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts