Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to stumble into a sweet deal completely by accident--swapped an 870 for an XD45 with 3 mags and the misc 'gear'...

Got it home, broke it down--it looks to be unfired!!!!

I am happy as a hungry baby in a Gentleman's Club :lol: Guess the resale market for our beloved XD line being what it is has some nice side effects...pictures inbound after a range visit today:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
nice find... good luck with it!!

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Sweet! You finally got your XD!! Nice trade!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanna find a Compact Tactical .45 next...and with gun show season approaching, I have good feelings..

This makes my first non.40 XD...can't wait to sling a few downrange today...got a good assortment of Hollowpoints to try out also...

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Good for you!

·
Super Moderator
46,418 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we put it through its paces on Sunday...ran 250 of my Dad's cast reloads through it without a hiccup--even managed to split some of the cases and never had any FTE issues(old reloads that were so-so brass anyhow)

Found an additional magazine locally for the same price as SA's Website :)???:) Next I wanna try to find a Compact Tactical .45 and do some upper swap trickery :lol:

gotta say it was a heckuva lot of fun to shoot (way more than the XDS was!) and While not really too carry-friendly it'll make a heckuva HD weapon

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats, good gun! I don't have on anymore, have an XDM45 but should have kept the XD45 compact as well!

This was mine...

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats, good gun! I don't have on anymore, have an XDM45 but should have kept the XD45 compact as well!

This was mine...

that is NIIIIICE...and I am sold on having the frame Duracoated FDE...looks awesome in two tone...

thanks for sharing the pic man...made my decision easier!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
that is NIIIIICE...and I am sold on having the frame Duracoated FDE...looks awesome in two tone...

thanks for sharing the pic man...made my decision easier!
You took the quote right from my keyboard !!

What a beauty !

·
Registered
192 Posts
I only have 2 XD pistols. A XD .45 Compact and a XD .45 Compact Tactical. Both guns are FDE with black slides. The 4" is my EDC and the 5" is my secondary EDC and range gun. Yes, the slides/barrels interchange since the frames are identical. It is common for me to take the 5" C.T. to the range along with the 4" barrel & slide. That way, I only have one polymer frame to clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts