Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone with Burris scope experience? Is it worth spending more for the Signature Select over Fullfield II? I'm looking for something with 4x16-44 or close to. Would like to keep it in the $500 range or less. Any other recommendations? What does the yardage ring on the objective lense do and is it worth getting? Lighted reticle? Want something for 200 yards+. Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have a fullfield 2 in 3to9 40mm, It is a great scope for my needs, I have it on my 30-06 and It is sighted in at 100yds, I love it and it is 100 times nicer than the bushnell that came on the rifle.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Forget the Burris. While some of their "high-end" scopes (Tactical and Xtreme) are nice and arguably worth the money, their less expensive options just don't have the glass to cut it any more...particularly if you are looking to shoot at extended ranges (like the 200+ you mentioned).

Check out the Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40. This scope has incredibly clear optics, precise adjustments, side focus, and all the options you could want for a quality, dependable scope.

Bushnell 4-16x40 Elite 4200 Rifle Scope

Unless you are hunting or shooting in very low light situations, I wouldn't get an illuminated reticle scope. It is just something else to suck batteries and to break and 99% of the shooting population will never effectively use it. As for the yardage ring out on the objective, it is a focus adjustment ring for precisely focusing your scope for use at different ranges (usually 50 to infinity on most scopes). The Bushnell Elite I referred you to has this option, but in the form of a "side focus" so that you don't have to dramatically change your shooting position and reach all the way out to the bell of your scope to focus it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Before you do...you might want to hunt around on the web and see if you can beat that price. I just pulled the SWFA link because it was easy to get to...

While I have used SWFA in the past and always been pleased...I am just saying that you may find it elsewhere for a little cheaper. For example, MidwayUSA, Natchez Shooter's Supply usually have a good stock and good prices. If you buy that scope in the next few weeks, I think that Bushnell is running a promo for a free waterproof hunting jacket or some other sort of gear too.

Good luck to you, sir.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have a Fullfield II on a M1A and am very pleased

1 - 8 of 8 Posts