Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone else posted something about this as well, but it is not the same situation. Recently when I went shooting, the slide on my XD9SC would not lock back...and no, my thumb was not on the slide release. It seems like the slide release likes to stay down when pushed. Maybe there is dirt/grime that is making it stay down? I tried putting some lube between the slide release and the frame to see it would free it up, but no go...

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a good detail strip for the XD? This gun was used when I recently bought it, and the owner said he never had those problems. I would like to strip it and clean it well, but I am not very familiar with steps of that nature. I am very comfortable cleaning my xd normally, just don't have punches, etc. to strip completely. Thanks in advance!

Worst case senario, Springfield did say that they would take care of it if I sent it back to them, but before I do, I would like to strip completely to check out the pistol and then send it to report any rust, other problems, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine is doing just the opposite. I have the .40sc and the slide locks back when there are still rounds in the mag.

HUH, go figure. :confused:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
mine is doing just the opposite. I have the .40sc and the slide locks back when there are still rounds in the mag.

HUH, go figure. :confused:
Ive done that. it was my thumb.

on the slide not locking back, is your slide lock pin that catches on the magazine follower bent?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sounds like a mag issue. Faulty mags can cause your slide not to lock to the rear, after the last casing has been ejected. Had that problem with another .40 I owned. They redesigned the mags, and the problem went away. I would call Springfield!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know where I can find the pages to explain how to detail strip?

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
You will need punches, etc... to do a detail strip on your XD. If you don't have them, just send it to SA.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Or just buy some punches.

I like to use brass since its softer. I had trouble finding brass punches locally, so I purchased a set on Ebay. They will probably run you between $10 and $25 for a nice set of 9 or so punches.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I send it to SA, what should I say is the reason? The slide? The reason I want to detail strip it is to find anything else wrong with the pistol first so I can report it to them and everything gets done at one time...will SA completely dissassemble upon request and check it for other issues if I send it in for the slide? Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry, yup, does it with all mags...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts