Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking SC is going to take the full 90 days for my CWP. Sled received it on March 7th and I'm going on my 80th date. Called the regulatory office and got a "it takes 90 days sir" all quick like. The wait is killing me, got my CB ST Deluxe already and so am ready to start carrying. Mean time to the range I go

·
Registered
263 Posts
From what I've seen they are taking every bit of the 90 days plus some. I actually sent mine off on 5/9 and it showed back up in my mailbox on Monday for being 5 cents short. :rolleyes: So My official time will end up being around 114 days if they stick to 90 day turn around. :(

·
Registered
678 Posts
Wow, that's a drag. The sheriff's office got my permit to me in about 2 months (Douglas County, CO). I heard that there are some sheriffs who disagree with the law and will hold permits as long as possible in the hopes that the applicant will have a disqualifying offense during the wait time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm in Columbia and mine came at around the 90 day mark (as with the other 4 people I went with). This was around election time so I'm sure they were swamped. The state tends to take their time with background checks in general. You might get lucky though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My SC CWP took 89 days (about a year and a half ago) - guess I got lucky. Friend of mine received his in about 86 days just recently.

Once you have your permit, get a New Hampshire Non-Resident permit ($100 for 4 years), and you'll be able to carry in several additional states, most notably Georgia since I live just 5 miles from GA.

Be safe!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
SLED is overworked and understaffed. You'll probably wait the full 90 days. Don't call and ask about it, won't do any good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My SC CWP took 89 days (about a year and a half ago) - guess I got lucky. Friend of mine received his in about 86 days just recently.

Once you have your permit, get a New Hampshire Non-Resident permit ($100 for 4 years), and you'll be able to carry in several additional states, most notably Georgia since I live just 5 miles from GA.

Be safe!
I'm about 10 minutes from the SC/GA line, so I'm gonna be looking into the NH NR permit so I can carry whenever I do cross over into GA.

Day 89 and no permit. They weren't kidding when they said its gonna take 90 days
They got my application the EXACT same day, and I'm still waiting too. I'm hoping it gets here Monday/Tuesday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I spoke too soon yesterday! Went out to get the mail as I left for work, and I see an envelope from "South Carolina Law Enforcement Division". Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats man. That means mine should be in transit or in the mail today! I live in Columbia and I wonder why didn't receive my permit at the same time or sooner, considering the same received date for our applications. Well I'm definitely running to the mail box after I get home today

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I didn't see it in the mail so I called SLED and they said it was mailed out on Wednesday. WTF? I hope I dont have some anti gun ********* going through my mail.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm about 10 minutes from the SC/GA line, so I'm gonna be looking into the NH NR permit so I can carry whenever I do cross over into GA.

They got my application the EXACT same day, and I'm still waiting too. I'm hoping it gets here Monday/Tuesday.

I believe a Utah CWP will also give you GA....may be a little cheaper but not 100% on that. Not sure which gives you more states though....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh ok, I was not aware that all you had to do was apply for it, that makes things a lot easier. I just took my SC CWP class a few weeks ago and the instructor was cool enough to give me the completed paperwork for a Utah license for no extra charge so I am gonna get it too....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, my SC instructor went ahead and stamped a Utah application for me as well. Was your guy named Dale by any chance?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts