Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the paperwork started so I build a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle), but before I go through the trouble of forming a Trust I thought I'd give the local Chief of Police a shot. I sent him an email on Friday explaining the situation and he replied back this morning with this.

Mr. Gudgell,

You may bring the paperwork by for me to review. However, I want you to know there is no guarantee that I will sign it. It depends on what my signature is attesting to and I can only tell after I have reviewed the paperwork.

Michael W. Jez, Chief of Police
League City Police Department

Is there something i can email him besides the actual ATF form that will better explain it to him?

Thanks for any info,
Casey

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I want to get the paperwork started so I build a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle), but before I go through the trouble of forming a Trust I thought I'd give the local Chief of Police a shot. I sent him an email on Friday explaining the situation and he replied back this morning with this.

Mr. Gudgell,

You may bring the paperwork by for me to review. However, I want you to know there is no guarantee that I will sign it. It depends on what my signature is attesting to and I can only tell after I have reviewed the paperwork.

Michael W. Jez, Chief of Police
League City Police Department

Is there something i can email him besides the actual ATF form that will better explain it to him?

Thanks for any info,
Casey
The only thing his signature is affirming is that your State (or locality) does indeed permit ownership of NFA regulated items. That's it. Nothing else.

Just go the turst route (I did). It makes things a lot easier for your next NFA toy. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts