Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Its one of the best loophole products going right now!

It is not a loophole. Loophole is the term Libral asswipes use to make people think it should be illegal. It is a buffer tube attachment to aid in proper shooting and assist shooters with disabilites!

Lets not use their stupid terms to give them an advantage. Its like a 80% lower. It is not a loophole. It is how the law is written.

·
Banned
0 Posts
It is not a loophole. Loophole is the term Libral asswipes use to make people think it should be illegal. It is a buffer tube attachment to aid in proper shooting and assist shooters with disabilites!

Lets not use their stupid terms to give them an advantage. Its like a 80% lower. It is not a loophole. It is how the law is written.
You also can't shoulder it. When I build my ar 15 pistol I will probably just put a cheek weld on my buffer tube.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to shoulder it without the brace all the time. It was a little awkward, and I had to set my RMR as far forward and as high as I could, but it worked fairly well like that. I shot a carbine match and took a long gun class with it in this config.

Now it's got a longer pull and easier to shoot. More comfortable.

I do miss how easy it was to toss the bare tube from left shoulder to right shoulder without anything in the way to snag on your shirt, coat, etc.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

What exactly do you think a loophole is? Its something to get around how (dumb) laws are written. Yeah, its to aid in proper shooting... like a stock would be used lol. Do you really think Sig thought, hey there's a huge market of people with disabilities, we can sell a crap ton of arm braces. Or do you think the discussion was, we can get atf approval because it is designed and intended as an arm brace, but we will sell a crap ton of them because people can shoulder it without going through the atf and nfa for an sbr.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It has been decided by a recent atf letter (on my phone can't link at this time.) where a sheriff questioned the legality of shouldering a pistol. They said that there isn't a set way to fire a pistol and that shouldering an AR pistol does not change it's classification. The response I saw from the atf was dated 3/1/14. It also points to the SIG brace in the letter. I will find it and link it later. I love my SIG brace on my 300 build.

Sent from my HTC 8x using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Exactly. Its based off design intent, not usage. I.e. you can shoulder it all you like

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
What exactly do you think a loophole is? Its something to get around how (dumb) laws are written. Yeah, its to aid in proper shooting... like a stock would be used lol. Do you really think Sig thought, hey there's a huge market of people with disabilities, we can sell a crap ton of arm braces. Or do you think the discussion was, we can get atf approval because it is designed and intended as an arm brace, but we will sell a crap ton of them because people can shoulder it without going through the atf and nfa for an sbr.
Actually Sig did not design it. Some guy over at AR15.com did and sold the design rights to Sig. And he originaly designed and built it for wounded Vets so they could still shoot. So yes I know what Im talking about and what it was ment to be!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Regardless of who designed it, Sig funded it. I have a hard time believing Sig would make that large of an investment without realizing the mass market potential aside from the "arm brace." I guarantee that if they only sold them to people that just use it as an arm brace they would never pay for the molds to make it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts