Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So I just picked up my XDM 3.8 a few months back (Long enough to put 2k-3k rounds through it). Then fumbled around with the idea of getting a PRP to put into it. Figured I would look around before I turned my XDM into spare parts :roll: and stumbled across the forums and decided to register as it seems to have a plethora of information. Ended up getting some Talon rubber grips as people here seemed to like them, must say it has improved the grip a lot more, especially after shooting many rounds.

I am also working on getting my CHL in the next few months. Sadly after all of the recent murders, rapes, robberies, car jacking's and everything else that has occurred over the last 10 months this is becoming a necessity.

What would be a good trigger kit if I intend to use it as a carry gun? I have heard some people saying they do not want it to be too light of a pull for carrying gun. Was thinking about going with the PRP ULTIMATE MATCH TARGET TRIGGER KIT XDM

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Welcome from Ada. NW Ohio CCW. The PRP is a good kit, IMO.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! :p

The PRP is a good choice. However, I feel father SA knows best about combat triggers, and run stock on my carry guns.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Welcome from the east side of Columbus!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
The extreme kit (To Me) is intended for competition only. No one needs a 2#+/- trigger pull in a carry gun. Leave it stock. Less risk of a prosecutor trying to paint you as being a blood thirsty killer out looking to shoot someone. If you ever had to use it...

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! USAF im on the east side too. Glad to see some Columbus people here.

And yea I thought the extreme was too much. I believe the ultimate is not as light as the extreme correct?

So it looks like the ultimate match trigger kit is 3.5-4 and the ultimate easy drop says 3.5-4.5. Do you think 3.5 would be too low for a carry gun?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The extreme kit (To Me) is intended for competition only... Leave it stock. Less risk of a prosecutor trying to paint you as being a blood thirsty killer out looking to shoot someone. If you ever had to use it...
Welcome from NW Ohio! I also have a 3.8 XDm that I use to carry every day. I left the trigger stock for just ^^^ that reason.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Thanks! USAF im on the east side too. Glad to see some Columbus people here.

And yea I thought the extreme was too much. I believe the ultimate is not as light as the extreme correct?

So it looks like the ultimate match trigger kit is 3.5-4 and the ultimate easy drop says 3.5-4.5. Do you think 3.5 would be too low for a carry gun?

For me yes. I have the ultimate in my competition rig. Stock trigger in my carry. 6-7# is good for me!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the prp drop in installed on my 4.5 9mm and it's scary light. DDouble tap city light. Much better than a 1911 trigger IMHO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting thank you. I may buy it and see how it feels.. I'd like to get a 40/45 for carry.. So I could always keep it as a range gun with a scary light trigger haha.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia!

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Welcome, from NE-Ohio.

Whether to modify the trigger on a carry/defensive gun has always been a heated topic, particularly from the point-of-view of after-shoot-legalities.

It's the prosecutor's job to prosecute you.
It's your lawyer's job to defend you.
A justified shoot is a justified shoot. Know our laws (duty to retreat, Castle, etc.).

In terms of what you feel comfortable with, that's completely up to you: the important thing is to train to the standard of "finger off the trigger until on-target and ready-to-fire" (be it with a sight package or if you needed to make a point/instinctive or even contact shot).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts