Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what a good price to pay for a savage model 10, walnut stock in .223 with a simmons prohunter scope would be? Good to great condition?

I'm having a hard time finding a "real" price on the web as the manufacture MSRP is general much higher then gun store prices.

Any members out there own one and could tell me their opinion of the rifle?

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Is it new or used? Accutrigger? I'd think you could get it for $300-350. That's not much of a scope. And you can probably get a new price from Walmart for comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300-350 is all? Savage's wesite has an msrp of 600+ and the local walmarts around me do not sell firearms, only ammo. Looks like I need to make a trip to a gun store to check on prices before I consider making a trade.

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
I'd say, a used, excellent condition Savage 10 in .223 is going to bring about $250. The scope, used, is worth $20 at best.

I'd say $250 for the combo would be a fair price.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
As far as Savages go if you are looking for a solid accurate rifle that you plan to keep forever go for it, if you think you might want to upgrade later they do NOT hold their value as well as Remington, Winchester, Wetherby, SAKO, TIKKA ect. $300-$350 for a solid used SAVAGE would be my max. I paid $250 for my 111 .270 Win spent $350 on a Leupold Vari X 3, 3-9X scope and have a bargain tack driver that I'm not afraid to beat the brush with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts