Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So before the bashing begins, yes it's at Dick's. Dick's is running a special on the savage 320 security. 199 plus 100 rounds estate buckshot.

Anyone have the experience. I trust savage arms. It looks good for patrol as well.

Thoughts concerns. Keep the Dick's comments to yourself. If it's a good deal it's a good deal.

sent by the german shepherd next to me

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
$200 for gun AND 100 round of buck? Id buy 2 or 3 of em!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I'm thinking.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
The gun alone msrp is $250

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I saw that. I'm thinking I may wind up with it. The lady even gave me the ok. Said she would buy haha. I think it's a trap tho.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Must... Not... Shop at dicks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine got one at Academy. I've shot it, its goes boom. I got a maverick 88 at Dick's around the same price. I like my maverick because you can use mossberg 500 parts. But if you need a home defense shotgun - the 320 is still a good deal, especially with the buckshot. The pistol grip is nice

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
My g/f has the 320 security model with ghost sights... Great shotgun for the money.

It is based off the Win 1200 with the rotating bolt. We have put 100s of cheap federal through it and does great. I have put RIO buck and slugs and feed and shot great.

When you buy it, Take it down all the way and clean really good. Full of thick goo grease.

The only one with no wood

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Are they Turkish or Chinese built? I can never remember.

I haven't heard anything bad about them though. Good serviceable shotguns.

That action is the fastest you'll find with a pump gun. I haven't really messed with the Stevens but the old Winchester is smoooooooth

·
Registered
248 Posts
hickock45 just did a video on this shotgun.
He seemed to like it but also commented that Federal ATK is an ammo sponsor and they import the 320 from China.

Wow i have to quit looking at cheap shotguns.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
hickock45 just did a video on this shotgun.
He seemed to like it but also commented that Federal ATK is an ammo sponsor and they import the 320 from China.

Wow i have to quit looking at cheap shotguns.

The best cheap shotguns are:

Mav 88 - Mossberg 500 clone by Mossberg +/- $200

Stevens Savage 320 - Chinese made 1200 clone +/- 200

Catamount Fury 12 - Chinese Saiga 12 clone $400-500

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The 88 is.t a straight up clone. There's a few differences between it and the 500. Still a great budget shotgun though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i picked up a Norinco Hawk 981r chinese made 870 clone for 139 from cdnn. I have taken it out once and been extremely pleased.

The 88 iw a great gun for the money but be aware of some of the differences. It uses a single piece forend which needs replaced by a $35 mossberg 500 slide bar assembly if you do not want to use the stock 88 forend. It also has a crossbolt safety instead of the tang mounted safety of the 500. I think that there is some other diferences but not sure what they are off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
i picked up a Norinco Hawk 981r chinese made 870 clone for 139 from cdnn. I have taken it out once and been extremely pleased.

The 88 iw a great gun for the money but be aware of some of the differences. It uses a single piece forend which needs replaced by a $35 mossberg 500 slide bar assembly if you do not want to use the stock 88 forend. It also has a crossbolt safety instead of the tang mounted safety of the 500. I think that there is some other diferences but not sure what they are off the top of my head.
88 is great for the pistol grip because of where the safety is. And yes The forend is one piece. Easy fix as it can use the ones from the 500.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts