Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a fellow member tomfoolery made the icey drive from Cincinnati Ohio to Columbus this morning to do some shooting at my local club. If you've seen my other posts we both got our hands on some used bowling pins and had an absolute blast so to speak. They held up well to 9mm and 45acp rounds but met their match against 5.56, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R and .308 rounds.

Sorry I don't have more pics....forget to charge the batteries in the camera.

Before:

After:

Tom with his Glock:

Opps.....he drops the Glock (Tom feel free to chime in on why you felt the need to do this)

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All in all a fun day....Tom thanks for making the drive up. I'm gonna log off for awhile and get to drying and cleaning my rifles.....

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I enjoyed the trip! I will certainly do it again!!!

I wanted to be sure the Glock would work under any possible condition....and it did! Cooks, you can vouch for it, it operated %100...even full of mud, ice, and water:)

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
my local gun shop/range. Has a one night a week bowling pin shoot out league. Its timed trials.

Pretty fun, a dynamic target is much more fun than the static paper.

The Pins are really well made, you can hit them a whole bunch with 9mm and .45's Sure they dent them, penetrate chip them etc. but they dont for the most part shear them in half like you .308 and 7.62x54 did.

.22 hand guns will tip them off the bench we shoot them off of, but the .22 needs them near the edge of the table. The .45 can plop them off no problem, and i will have to count how many holes the pins take to start falling apart. they are littered with entry holes, i am sure you can shoot them all day with a .22, probably take about 50 shots of just whatever random mess of rds the whole group is shooting to kill one decent (usually split so it doesnt want to rest nice and level on the table, but remains in one piece)

Pretty fun $hit.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The .308 and 54R rounds knocked the pins over as expected and did some damage, the pins held up to repeated shots until finaly spitting in half, we we're out there for about 4 hours shooting. Surprisingly the 7.62x39 did the most damage, would send the pin five feet in the air when hit.

And yes....Tom picked up the glock....checked the barrel to make sure it wasn't plugged and sot a full magazine without any failures. The XD would have done the same and shot a much tighter group if you ask me ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts