Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my 16# wolf spring, and don's guide rod. Fast shipping excellent service. Ajames made the 16# spring for me.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
I actually appologize it took so long I usually dont let things sit over the weekend, if you order any thing again ask for the huricaine discount I will know what your talking about.

How does the lighter spring work give it a couple shots to cycle in. Try this excersize. Unload your pistol and double check for empty. Lock the slide back and hold the pistol in your shooting grip and hold it as if shooting. Aim at a target, then get someone else or use your support hand thumb to release the slide while aiming at your target. watch how your slide slams forward after every shot this movement happens try this with your stronger spring and the weaker one. Was there a difference Probably.

I only use a strong spring for concealed carry where I want the pistol to feed outweighs the recoil factor. The sronger spring will more likely still feed even if your hand is in the way and slows the slides cycle on accident becuase your not paying attention. Also while reholstering the stronger spring keeps the slide in battery a little better for reholstering in tight concealed holster.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ajames. Hurracanes can cause everybody to be late on shipping. Hope you didn't get too much damage.
I'm going to range this weekend to try the new spring and rod out. Thank for how to install video. I should have checked it out before putting the spring in backwards. Did a little more searching and found how to take the slide off and correct my spring installation. :)

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it a try. I've been looking into a light spring for informal competition but I think I'll take your adivse and get a heavier spring for carry.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts