Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Decal Grip (from pistol-gear) do you guys prefer: the Sand or the Rubber? Also, are the Pachmeyer (sp?)/Hogue slip on grips easy to install and take off? Can they be slipped on and off repeatedly? thanks again, nocalkind

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't know about the decal grips, but I have the Hogue and Pachmayr on on my XDs. They are quite a pain to get on and have to be cut in order for the grip safety to work properly. That said, they are a pain to get on because the fit so tightly, which is good once you get them on. I dont think you would want to try to take them off and out them on again, though. But I love them, and they make shooting my XD more enjoyable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've tried both the rubber decal grips and the Hogue slipon, and I like them both. But I've pretty well settled on the rubber decal. The sand would be too abrasive I think, and the rubber decals give all the solid grip I need, whether wet or dry weather, cold or hot.

The grip safety (actually the frame opening at the bottom of the grip safety) irritates my hand somewhat, so on the range when I'm shooting a lot I put on a thin leather glove.

·
Registered
513 Posts
YOU MUST TRY THE BICYCLE ONE. Do a search regarding the bicycle grip and you will find many that find it to be the best for them and I am in agreement. It may be cheap but it works and does not feel cheap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys, I'll probably order the rubber decals. How long do they tend to last? I know it varies a lot, but how long have yours lasted. Also, though the bicycle grip may not feel cheap and probably works well, I think it looks pretty cheap on an otherwise quality pistol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts