Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ,
I wanna know if anyone knows or has an idea of when springfield armory is gonna release the xd-m 45? I currently own a xd40 subcompact..and i love it...but i wanna get a 45 should i wait for the xd-m45 or just settle for a xd45?.....thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Maybe I am out of the loop but I have seen nothing anywhere that indicates the XD-M 45 is even in the works.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Funny,I just emailed SA earlier this morning asking this same question,not that I actually expect an answer anytime soon.:wink:
but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It is in their best financial interest to keep release dates and such under wraps. What if customer A wants a .45 real bad, but when he hears the XDM 45 is on the way, he doesn't buy the XD 45 like he was planning. He could have potentially purchased both and brought in twice the revenue!

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is in their best financial interest to keep release dates and such under wraps. What if customer A wants a .45 real bad, but when he hears the XDM 45 is on the way, he doesn't buy the XD 45 like he was planning. He could have potentially purchased both and brought in twice the revenue!
Actually I fully expect them to come out with an XDM 45 but I still bought a XD. I guess you could look at it the other way also,I want an XDM but I won't buy one UNTIL they come out with the .45. So they lose sales that way also.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I want one, too, and I've had three different gun dealers tell me that when they talk to SA, they say they have plans to build it. That, of course, can mean anything.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm looking at another handgun for the new year and I'd definitely buy a XDM45 if it was out then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny thing, I randomly bought one of those Guns & Ammo magazines because they had an XDm on the cover. In the article, the author stated that the XDm was originally built with .45acp in mind. Basically, his point was other gun manufacturers get into trouble trying to shoehorn such a large round into a gun that wasn't designed for it. The XDm was designed for it from the start.

Too bad there's no indication they'll come out with it anytime soon though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts