Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in at Dick's tonight on my way home from work because I realized friday eve that I was low on ammo and when I went to wallyworld yesterday, they didn't have any hollow points in 9mm.

So anyway, I ask the guy what hollowpoints they have. I was hoping to maybe score some Golden sabres since they have Remington and UMC on the shelf. All they carry here is Federal Hydra-Shoks. Not what I was after, but all that was available and I decided it would be good to have more than one magazine of PDA on hand. So as I reluctantly agreed, he tells me "these things are awesome, they go in the size you see and come out the size of my fist"

Why can't the people who sell these things at least be honest if not educated?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Maybe the store's name describes the type of employees they hire? :shock:

Oooooouu! I hope a moderator isn't watching! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Here in Omaha, I don't touch anything gun related at Dicks. They are way to expensive and don't know squat.

Scheels is here but they are pretty expensive too. But we did just get a new Bass pro shop and they weren't too bad, just not enough guns.

They didn't even have one springfield.

·
Registered
260 Posts
bryan.tonya said:
Here in Omaha, I don't touch anything gun related at Dicks. They are way to expensive and don't know squat.

Scheels is here but they are pretty expensive too. But we did just get a new Bass pro shop and they weren't too bad, just not enough guns.

They didn't even have one springfield.
Have you been to "Guns Unlimited"? The last time I was in Omaha visiting my daughter, my son-in-law and I went to that store. Pretty darned impressive. I looked at a couple of CZ's in 9mm and they were priced right. If I wasn't an "out of stater", I would have bought one.

WyoBob

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My dad was telling me about the new bass pro shop in O-town. I was thinking of maybe going when I come home for thanksgiving. Is it not worth the trip? Do they have some wolf 7.62x39 at good prices? or at all? Oh, and +1 on the Scheels being overpriced. They are TERRIBLE here. Not to mention half of the guys working in that dept. don't pay any attention or give service unless you're 40 years old or so it seems. I go there a lot of times just after I've bought a new firearm to pick up ammo and I check the prices on whatever I just bought. Somehow they ask me if I need help on those days and I just say, "nah, I just bought one of these yesterday from someone else, I was just seeing how much you're charging"

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
He was right, they feed on your tissue and grow as the travel through your body :roll:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
WyoBob said:
Have you been to "Guns Unlimited"? The last time I was in Omaha visiting my daughter, my son-in-law and I went to that store. Pretty darned impressive. I looked at a couple of CZ's in 9mm and they were priced right. If I wasn't an "out of stater", I would have bought one.

WyoBob
I believe they are going to get a Cabelas in Omaha (Lavista) too. They are high on a lot of items, but the guns are priced as good as most places around this area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts