Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
That's a point I had to argue with myself over. Ultimately, if I'd have turned it down there a good chance I'd have to argue it in front of a judge. That's a lot of time, and no guarantees on the outcome. Ideally I'd have received the purchase price, cost of wasted ammo/parts, cost of the suit, and punitive damages over the fraud, but I also could have lost. Best to move on I think.
thinking more about this since it popped back up; Punitive damages were never going to happen. reimbursement for wasted ammo would be a stretch too. cost of parts would be iffy, but I would have stood my ground on purchase price, and shipping/FFL fees, and court costs. Any less than that, and SA could spend thousands on having their lawyer show up in court to fight it over $100 or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found this thread today when I was googling issues I had with the gun I just received on Monday. Monday night I put about 60 rounds through it as I was mounting/dialing in a site and I could not get it to consistently cycle subsonic ammunition, with a can attached. I was pretty frustrated. Sometimes every round or every couple of rounds it would not eject the casing or not feed the next round or even feed the round, but not cock the hammer.

I found this thread and was pretty pissed thinking I had just bought a gun, specifically for subsonic ammo and it wouldn't cycle it. I called SA customer service this afternoon, the rep was nice. He suggested I check the case/bag gun came with and look for t-handle allen key and other gas screw and try the adjustment steps from the manual.

I tried that this pm. Reading the manual these steps did not make sense. Look at page 34.
https://www.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/SaintManual_1.pdf

The gun shipped with the...
"MODE 1 (Figure 35-1) a solid set screw, as configured from the factory, is non-adjustable and works just like any other standard gas block."

Which I assumed means full amount of gas is being used etc to cycle the gun, as gun shipped which I assumed meant I was SOL, and was going to be in same predicament as you. I figured what the heck and tried the steps and Mode 3 anyways.

I went through the steps and quite a few turns until the rifle extracted, ejects, and locked the BCG to the rear on empty. I'm not a gun expert and this doesn't make sense, because the solid set screw should be moving the BCG more than the metered, but that is not the case.

100+ rounds later this evening shooting Winchester and Sellier Ballot 200 grain subsonic it shot flawlessly. I hope this helps others.
Took my new Victor to the range the other day and ran 100 rounds through it. Was using Federal 150 grain subsonic with and without the can - cycled all of perfectly with no issues. Will probably try some other loads at some point, but have tended to stay with Federal, and maybe for good reason in this case.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts