Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at buying a set of flip up sights for my Saint Edge. I have considered the standard magpull’s for their quality to price ratio? Should I look for a used set of Saint Edge factory sights, instead? Is there anything especially useful or attracting about the Springfield OEM sights on the Saint Edge?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
With Magpul's BUIS, be sure to buy from a trustworthy vendor. Don't skimp and do the gun-show thing or the eBay thing, as there are both genuine-Magpul airsoft versions (Magpul PTS) as well as a number of knock-offs out there in-circulation.

It's uncertain the exact differences between the OE Magpul BUIS and the PTS variants. They seem identical on gross examination, but most of us believe that there's no way that Magpul would give their proprietary plastics formula to a foreign company, so the PTS airsoft sights may well be more brittle/fragile than their OE counterparts.

As for the knock-offs, there's no need to even belabor that point.

I am not sure if there is a PTS version of the Pro variant of the Magpul BUIS. I really like the Pro for their form factor, especially at the rear, which easily fits under the eyepiece of my 1-4x. The front's dial can be a bit of a pain to adjust, but if you keep a multitool on your person anyway, then it's a moot point.

I have never had any issues with either the Pro or the standard Magpul OE BUIS in terms of mounting stability (Magpul pre-applies threadlocker at the factory) or zero-retention on any of my ARs.

If you prefer a very aggressively forward hold with your support hand on the handguard, you may want to invest in the Pro set as some folks have a tendency to bump/squeeze the front sight, which causes the OE variant to release ("pop up" into the deployed position), which can be distracting during drills, when one's not expecting it.....

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
The Magpul Pros are definitely worth it.

But in their price range, there's also a bunch of other excellent options.

The standard polymer ones are perfectly fine but kinda bulky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a pair of the Mbus sights and the Edge Pistol. I could not get the sights to fit on the rail for the Edge. I am not sure why. The sights should fit picatnny 1913 rails but I think the Edge is slightly different. Not sure but it will not fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts