Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
That is a pretty fair price actually. It will run you about $150 to buy the parts separately, that's for a Kvar stock, Dinzag FCG ect.

Where did you find it for $135??

-Derek

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I'm interested to hear that as well. I think I'm going to put together my own conversion (KVar furniture with a Tapco FCG), but that's a great price if it's a complete converison kit.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd have to look up the sellers name but they have several on Gunbroker. The buy it now price I think was like 125 plus 25 shipping, but the starting bid was for $110 plus $25 shipping. Assuming you got the opening bid price you would get the item for 135 shipped.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Actually I re-read the auction. buy it now gets free shipping, so you actually get the items for $125. The guy has a kit with a tapco m4 stock and one with the traditional AK stock, both in black plastic. I just ordered one. Let me post the info. so give me a minute.

EDIT: It doesn't come with the magazine, I was wrong about that. It is still a good deal I think. All Tapco stuff, which I have used on my SKS to good effect. Here is the one I bought and you can go to the see sellers other items tab to look at the other items he has.

Saiga Conversion Kit! 12 7.62 223 308 BUY NOW : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
If you do your homework, you can find Tapco made buttstocks, pistol grip and FCG for under $100 (as I mentioned above).

Your original post had no manufacturers mentioned, so I was assuming the highest cost US made stuff - Tapco isn't.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
hows the price on this guys for 5 us parts for compliance? $59.99

5 Piece US Compliance Package (Saw Grip) $59.99

Combo includes 5 U.S. Sec. 922r compliant parts:
US s/h G2
- Hammer
- Trigger
- Disconnector
- AK/MAK full length gas piston
- AK/MAK SAW pistol grip
Each part is Made in the U.S.A.
Each part is marked U.S.A.
Each part comes with a lifetime warranty

i dont want a tapco stock i want to buy an ACE folder

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
hows the price on this guys for 5 us parts for compliance? $59.99

5 Piece US Compliance Package (Saw Grip) $59.99

Combo includes 5 U.S. Sec. 922r compliant parts:
US s/h G2
- Hammer
- Trigger
- Disconnector
- AK/MAK full length gas piston
- AK/MAK SAW pistol grip
Each part is Made in the U.S.A.
Each part is marked U.S.A.
Each part comes with a lifetime warranty

i dont want a tapco stock i want to buy an ACE folder
That price is excellent, if he doesn't charge $20 for s/h.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
went to find the pictures of the prototype I had seen but couldn't find them :rolleyes:

If I remember right, it attaches to the sight block and it may even have a notch so you can use the iron sights through that but then again it may not alter the existing sight at all. And I think it's coming with a peep sight on the rail already. It's locked in via thumb screw in the tang screw area instead of what I believe is a hex screw on the old model that you basically need to carry an allen wrench around if you happen to need the rail off. So if you have a holosight or something on it and it malfunctions you can get it off in a hurry now with the thumb screw.

I may be wrong but i'm pretty sure those features are on the new version beryl mounts from DPH. Don't hold me to it though! It was awhile back when I heard about it.

When I seen the picture it reminded me a lot of the Krebs rail but priced better.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
went to find the pictures of the prototype I had seen but couldn't find them :rolleyes:

If I remember right, it attaches to the sight block and it may even have a notch so you can use the iron sights through that but then again it may not alter the existing sight at all. And I think it's coming with a peep sight on the rail already. It's locked in via thumb screw in the tang screw area instead of what I believe is a hex screw on the old model that you basically need to carry an allen wrench around if you happen to need the rail off. So if you have a holosight or something on it and it malfunctions you can get it off in a hurry now with the thumb screw.

I may be wrong but i'm pretty sure those features are on the new version beryl mounts from DPH. Don't hold me to it though! It was awhile back when I heard about it.

When I seen the picture it reminded me a lot of the Krebs rail but priced better.
hmm sounds pretty sweet, me likes what i hear.

please post up if you find anything on that reaching developement.

this unit was going to be made by DPH or merely "MAYBE" sold by them?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
hmm sounds pretty sweet, me likes what i hear.

please post up if you find anything on that reaching developement.

this unit was going to be made by DPH or merely "MAYBE" sold by them?
It is made by DPH.

Scott has worked long and hard on bringing us a damned fine product.

Posted August 13, 2008 on the Saiga 12 forum

DPH Arms said:
We got the samples in today and here are the pics as promised. We tried to stick as closely as posible to the original Beryl design but we also wanted to make it user friendly with NO gunsmithing required.

The mount is connected to the rear site base with 2 hardned and pointed screws which will make a small indentation into the metal and act as a pivot point. The screws then have "set screws" that lock them into postion. We were originally considering using a "spot" drill bit to create a deeper indentation for the points to sit in but now that we have it in hand we are not sure that it will be needed. Testing will let us know.

The quick disconnect on the back does not require any alterations to the rear trunion. It is a separate piece that sits in the trunion and is held down with the rear stock screw. That piece has the "male" locking tab for the quick disconnect to mount to. I will get more detailed pics and post them.

As for price, we are working on that and I hope to have something very soon.

Scott

<pictures removed from site>
He's basically designed a rail that is very close in looks and function to the Polish beryl rail and is much nicer than his Gen 1 rails (which were unscrupulously copied by the chinese).

Polish beryl rail

Polish soldier with Beryl rifle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts