Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about taking the post of others, not all the comments, just the main post and post that say "I did that too and this is what happened" and make a collection of those that have had accidental dischages. this could serve as a reminder to the experienced and as a warning to the newbie. The last one I saw I printed out and had the whole family read it.

Even include the 10 basic safety rules and maybe a little discourse of why safety is important.

Just a thought.

BTW, I love this new format!!! Good Job!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
paranoid said:
How about taking the post of others, not all the comments, just the main post and post that say "I did that too and this is what happened" and make a collection of those that have had accidental dischages.
I think you mean "negligent discharges" (ND's) which happen because of human error, such as putting finger on trigger while holstering, thinking a gun is unloaded and pointing at the TV and firing. I think the best(?) one I've read about is where the idiot...I mean individual...went to unload the gun, instead of removing the magazine first and then racking the slide to remove the one in the chamber, he did the reverse. He racked the slide and THEN removed the magazine. Ended up shooting his TV I think.

People get lazy and careless and then BOOM!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts