Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's a good rapid access bed side gun safe that you all use for your XD? Need a good but not too expensive one. I was looking at the Gun Vault GV1000 if I can find one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
IS there a rapid access safe? Just put the sucker under yer mattress.
Can't wait for tomorrow mornings first post,"Well I just got back from the hospital."

·
Registered
242 Posts
nogoa said:
CmptrN3rd said:
IS there a rapid access safe? Just put the sucker under yer mattress.
Can't wait for tomorrow mornings first post,"Well I just got back from the hospital."
Hey if Im gonna shoot myself Im gonna make sure it takes longer than a day to come back home! Aint about to get my gun taken away for a little ouchie, it better take off an arm or something.

·
Registered
120 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
Just put the sucker under yer mattress.
Yeah, because that's really secure.

I would go with a Gunvalut if you can find one. I don't have one yet, but I will be getting one for my home and my truck...whenever i get my truck. The warranty they provide is uncanny, and it is quick access, just as long as you can choose a code you can use.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
walmart carries a Sentinal gun box that locks with a key kinda like that goes to a pop machine
it's not too huge...bolts to a wall.....under 50 bucks

·
Registered
109 Posts
You don't really want a gun box that is key-only though. If someone were to break in your home at night, the last thing you want is to fumble around trying to find the right key in the dark and open the sucker. Plus if kids are around (or come over to visit, etc) they can get a hold of them.

For my electronic safe, I keep the keys hidden, off my keychain.

·
Registered
241 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts