Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Safariland 6378 ALS holster compatible with a XD-M Elite 4.5” or 3.8” 9mm? I own both XD-M Elites and am looking for a quality holster with retention for my war belt. It would be nice if both were compatible with the 6378.

I understand about the ambidextrous slide lock release being different from the XDM.

Anybody tried this setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Their 'holster finder's says it will fit the XDm. If the only difference with the Elite is the slide stop then I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's only plastic, if a little filing is needed for the slide stop then so be it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Safariland replied to my question on their website, for those of you who are in the same boat as me:

A new answer to your question has been received.

03/31/21Q: Will the Safariland 6378 ALS fit the Springfield XD-M Elite 4.5” 9mm? The XD-M Elite differs from the regular XD-M as it has a ambidextrous slide lock release.
04/05/21A: Good day, thanks for reaching out. This was a difficult question to answer but I was able to get one of our engineers to do an actual fit check. The external levers caused a slight amount of drag but the fit was generally good and he considered it acceptable..

Go to product page

·
Registered
170 Posts
So, only difference in the guns, externally, is the slide stop, and it drags. Hummm.

If that was a 'difficult' question for them to answer, AND they had to get an engineer to figure it out, that company scares me. I'm going to apply immediately because that wasn't a difficult question and I answered it WITHOUT being an engineer. Gonna be the biggest brain there. 😂😁😉

Good for u though for reaching out to the mfg, sincerely. Got a definitive answer. 👍

Lot's of folks have the same question.

Now, get out that file and get to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts