Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the XD's a lot, look, feel and accuracy, but there are too many complaints about the same kinds of feeding problems I was having, for me to rely on one for my CCW. I tried everything I could. I guess it's on its way back to SA now, I traded for my Glock 27 back. I got my Glock back, and some of those Pearce +1's, and I really like it now. I traded it off before ever giving it a chance. I'm shooting great groups with it, really surprises me coming from a 3.5" barrel.

I will sorely miss my XD-357, because that is the most accurate I have ever shot with a handgun, which tells me thats what fit me best. Maybe I will pick up another one later on and try it again. For now, there is a fresh load of Glocks on the way for me to pick through, just can't decide which one I want.

Note: This is in NO WAY, XD bashing, if you get that from this post, read it again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yep, got to do what ya got to do. It is a bummer but if you don’t feel confidant in trusting your life to it than there is really no point. Get a service one later, I am sure you will like it.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Tang419 said:
I will sorely miss my XD-357, because that is the most accurate I have ever shot with a handgun,
Ahhh, there's your problem! This is not like "Highlander" where there can be only one, it should be more like "Girl's Gone Wild", where the more the merrier. Hell, I got more pistols than I can conceal no matter how big my beltline may be, and I'm still looking for more. Pistols are whores and I'm their John! :D

You got rid of your best whore! :wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don said:
Tang419 said:
I will sorely miss my XD-357, because that is the most accurate I have ever shot with a handgun,
Ahhh, there's your problem! This is not like "Highlander" where there can be only one, it should be more like "Girl's Gone Wild", where the more the merrier. Hell, I got more pistols than I can conceal no matter how big my beltline may be, and I'm still looking for more. Pistols are whores and I'm their John! :D

You got rid of your best whore! :wink:
Guess I shoulda got the Don's rod and 22# spring before giving up on it huh ?...lol

I want another one, just not the one I had. :p

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
First time I've read about feeding probs with the XD-357. I kinda thought they were FTF proof.

Oh well. Glocks are cool.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, mine would feed the cartridge into the chamber fine, but it had a bad habit of not locking fully in battery and youd have to hit the slide with your hand to get it to lock on up. UMC's wouldnt go far enough into the chamber either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tang419 said:
I like the XD's a lot, look, feel and accuracy, but there are too many complaints about the same kinds of feeding problems I was having, for me to rely on one for my CCW. I tried everything I could. I guess it's on its way back to SA now, I traded for my Glock 27 back. I got my Glock back, and some of those Pearce +1's, and I really like it now. I traded it off before ever giving it a chance. I'm shooting great groups with it, really surprises me coming from a 3.5" barrel.
I absolutely LOVE my g27. It is the meanest green little monster i know!

Im still in the market for an XD sub or 4" though...i really love those guns.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Meta4 said:
Tang419 said:
makes it look meaner in OD.
Either that, or it makes the gun appear to have a bad case of food poisoning.

-James

Yeah, I'm kinda more partial to the XD green than the Glock green myself.

But it's cool. There's some people that don't like green at all, but we all know they don't know what they're talking about. :)

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Tang419 said:
Well, mine would feed the cartridge into the chamber fine, but it had a bad habit of not locking fully in battery and youd have to hit the slide with your hand to get it to lock on up. UMC's wouldnt go far enough into the chamber either.
You ever consider sending it in to be repaired. did you try different ammo?

The XD357 is by far the most reliable XD out there. Your the first I've seen here with feed problems.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Heck, that looks like Desert Tan to me!

Ed

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tang419 said:

I will sorely miss my XD-357, because that is the most accurate I have ever shot with a handgun, which tells me thats what fit me best. Maybe I will pick up another one later on and try it again. For now, there is a fresh load of Glocks on the way for me to pick through, just can't decide which one I want.

Note: This is in NO WAY, XD bashing, if you get that from this post, read it again.
Wait til your Glock KABOOMS!!!

JK, but the Kaboom crap is the same type of urban legend that is haunting the XD in regards to reliability. Look, when you're on a website devoted to one gun, you're going to hear more horror stories than you would at the gun shop or range, because there are more of us packed in one area.

I guarantee you it would not take you long to find a similar or larger amount of Glock horror stories on Glocktalk. Like the XD, the stories don't make the gun crap, they're just that, stories.

Since we are using the internet and are not there to check the validity of these stories, we can't possibly know every scenario involved.

So, if you're that uncomfortable with an XD, I guess you should own something else, but I must say, your fear isn't really founded in anything factual.

·
Registered
126 Posts
mr0w1 said:
Meta4 said:
Tang419 said:
makes it look meaner in OD.
Either that, or it makes the gun appear to have a bad case of food poisoning.

-James

Yeah, I'm kinda more partial to the XD green than the Glock green myself.

But it's cool. There's some people that don't like green at all, but we all know they don't know what they're talking about. :)
ive seen a couple of the XDs, and i definitly just like em black, they are almost too green for me. Almost a jungle green.

Ed: Definitly does look tan in the pics. My lighting was too soft.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I've got my XD9 service sold so your not the only one leaving the XD family. Not due to any fault in the pistol whatsoever though. It's been great. I'm selling it to fund my purchase of the new Beretta Px4 Storm .40 . I saw it the other night for the first time and instantly begain to obsess over it. I wish I didn't have to sell my XD to get it but those are the breaks I supose. Money doesn't grow on trees for me. On the upside I have it sold for 500 clams which is more than I paid for it (I paid $410). I added night sights but they only cost me 49 bucks and the pistol has been shot plenty so I guess I'm doing good on the transaction. For those that haven't seen the Px4 Storm yet you need to check it out. Very nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah I see a Cx4 in .40 in my future also. That one I'm going for either for my B-day or X-mas this year. I usually don't get toys like that just for the hell of it. My wife's to tight on the purse strings. LOL!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts