Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tight for cash right now. The police job I currently have is not paying good. People make more flipping burgers. So I need cash and only thing I can think is my AR.

Mega upper and lower, crt fde stock, fde magpul grip, enhanced trigger guard, magpul vert grip, magpul fde pop up sights, UTG free float quad rail, custom dust cover (engraved), full auto bolt, bcm charging handle, don't know who makes bolt or barrel. 16" chrome lined 1x9 twist barrel, the shortest gas tube (minds dead still this morning) carbine, cmmg lpk, Irene adaptive sling with UTG qdc, all milspec, the buffer is the heavy, 2 fde magpul mags and two military surplus mags. 200 rounds of ammo.

what would you guys pay?

I'm not trying to jew the guy. He's a friend. The ar has only had 400 rounds maybe put thru her.

sent by the german shepherd next to me

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Here's the thing.

Black rifle prices are in the dumper right now--it's a buyer's market.

Even Colt 6920's are under a grand, if you look. Frankenrifles...aren't worth much.

I'd say your rifle is worth $600 right now.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Here's the thing.

Black rifle prices are in the dumper right now--it's a buyer's market.

Even Colt 6920's are under a grand, if you look. Frankenrifles...aren't worth much.

I'd say your rifle is worth $600 right now.
I'd say less than that, but not by much.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's kinda what I was thinking. I don't know if I will sell it, but I'm thinking.

sent by the german shepherd next to me

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
804 Posts
More importantly, long term plans may be in order. Does your dept allow part time work? Are there off duty security jobs that officers do in your area? Overtime available?

Through most of my career, I had to work part time jobs to make ends meet and not constantly struggle. Sometimes I worked an extra shift here and there. LE pay can be tough.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
More importantly, long term plans may be in order. Does your dept allow part time work? Are there off duty security jobs that officers do in your area? Overtime available?
Through most of my career, I had to work part time jobs to make ends meet and not constantly struggle. Sometimes I worked an extra shift here and there. LE pay can be tough.
i hear ya. the town i live in had a full time LEO position open a few months back....$12 an hour.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There is civil unrest breaking out everytime someone feels wronged, ISIS is in the country, the southern border is all but opened up..... I would sell my vehicle before selling guns and ammo right now!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i hear ya. the town i live in had a full time LEO position open a few months back....$12 an hour.
I'm at 9 an hour. Applied for a few other jobs. One job called me for a security director position. $18 an hour. The other is a county LEO job almost $20 an hour after a year $23.

More reasons I'm only thinking. But when you need some cash fast.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
honestly, guys saying 500-600....I disagree, I'd only say about 400 for that.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eventually. Stepping stones. Getting academy first.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
You're only part time, right butters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Correct. full time at my department makes 11

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Bud, you need a new department. Are you still in the security job process? If they call and offer you the job, take it and stay on with this dept part time until a new opportunity presents itself. Two jobs sucks, but most cops have to do it at first to get in. I know I did.

Go where the money is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts