Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SA XD45. I ordered a crimson trace for it and it didn't fit. the dealer told me that they didn't make one for the model gun I have. I have the full size 5" SA XD45 tatical. So help me out here, is there a crimson that will fit this gun, the LG 445 hits the saftey on the side and the LG 448 they said would fit now there telling me because its a full size tatical it won't . anyone know if crimson makes one that will fit my gun:confused:

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I'll suggest that you go to the source ... Email Crimson Trace and ask them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have sent them a number of emails to their customer support, and when I call the 800 number it just rings busy

·
Registered
532 Posts
Trying to get an answer to an email from Crimson Trace is like pi**sing in the wind. I got one for my Sig 229. Shot with it six times, then laid the pistol up in the safe since getting XD's. Got it out, didn't work, used two new sets of batteries, didn't work. Have not heard from Crimson Trace in seven months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok just got off the phone with them, they do not make a trace to fit my gun..so got my answer. thanks for helping

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you have the thumb safety, there isn't a Crimson Trace made for that model. I researched this some time ago and found I couldn't purchase one for my 45 because it has the thumb safety. If that's the case, you'll have to return it or sell it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The LG-448 is a universal fit Crimson Trace model for any of the XD series and all the XDm models I have checked. It is the rail/trigger guard mounted model. The switch is under your fingeron the front of the grip. Works fine if you only need a laser. It occupies the rail area so you cannot mount a light with it. CT also makes the same style mount in a light only unit. Mounts at the rail and trigger guard. Does not fit at the same time with the CT lasers.
Neither the CT light or the CT laser models in this style has any part that should interfere with where the safety is located.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I called Crimson Trace 3 times yesterday and the phone was answered quickly every time. Try (800) 442-2406. I even called it just a minute ago and got their answering service at 10:23pm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The LG-448 is a universal fit Crimson Trace model for any of the XD series and all the XDm models I have checked. It is the rail/trigger guard mounted model. The switch is under your fingeron the front of the grip. Works fine if you only need a laser. It occupies the rail area so you cannot mount a light with it. CT also makes the same style mount in a light only unit. Mounts at the rail and trigger guard. Does not fit at the same time with the CT lasers.
Neither the CT light or the CT laser models in this style has any part that should interfere with where the safety is located.
If you have a thumb safety, they won't work.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Exactly WHY? What interference does this LG-448 unit cause? Unless your pistol is a Gen I Service model. The thumb safety should be a later model with dual rail notch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My apology, I thought you were talking about the LG 445 instead of the 448. The website states it will fit all models except the Generation 1 with the single rail notch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts