Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally managed to get off about 200 rounds, using 185 and 230 grain bullets. The difference is between my 40 cal Glock and the SA XD is amazing. I actually believe the recoil is much less than with my 27. The 27 will always recoil up and to the right each time. It might be I had a shorter barrel and lighter frame on the Glock, the SA is a little heavier but has less recoil and is quicker to bring the target back in.

·
Registered
126 Posts
roadhippie said:
I finally managed to get off about 200 rounds, using 185 and 230 grain bullets. The difference is between my 40 cal Glock and the SA XD is amazing. I actually believe the recoil is much less than with my 27. The 27 will always recoil up and to the right each time. It might be I had a shorter barrel and lighter frame on the Glock, the SA is a little heavier but has less recoil and is quicker to bring the target back in.
use a full size glock, it wont do that as much. :roll:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most people, I think, find the felt recoil of the heavier, slower velocity .45 round to be much less than the lighter, higher velocity .40 S&W round.

Given the difference in caliber, and barrel length, I'm not sure this is really an apples to apples comparison. I bet you'd find an XD SC in .40 S&W to be pretty sharp in recoil too.

Scott

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I dont find that so surprising

1 - 5 of 5 Posts