Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm obviously new to the forum - mostly a Sig man but couldn't resist the XD-40 Sub-compact.

Now I want to buy a laser and I've read here about the lasermax/lazermax. I'd like to know if it will fit a sub? Pictures? What holser options with laser installed? Pictures? I'm trying to get a paddle holster since I like to take the holster off in the truck when wheeling.

I've also seen a lot of pictures here with the grip tape. Where can I get that?

Anyway - any input would be appreciated.

JC

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm obviously new to the forum - mostly a Sig man but couldn't resist the XD-40 Sub-compact.

Now I want to buy a laser and I've read here about the lasermax/lazermax. I'd like to know if it will fit a sub? Pictures? What holser options with laser installed? Pictures? I'm trying to get a paddle holster since I like to take the holster off in the truck when wheeling.

I've also seen a lot of pictures here with the grip tape. Where can I get that?

Anyway - any input would be appreciated.

JC
Check out PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes they have one that fits the sub compact

here is the direct link

Laser for Springfield XD Sub-Compact 40 9mm Laser Sight

Since the lasermax is a guide rod replacement laser it doesn't change any external dimensions of the gun, therefore you can use any holster your would otherwise use.

As for other laser options. you'll find many options useing a search.

As far as grip tape, just go to a skateboard shop and buy some there. If you want to pay more for gun specific tape, which doesn't seem to be any different, there are some but I dont know where. Again a search on this forum will yield the results you want.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Might want to look into Crimson Trace. Fits on the grip and shouldn't affect fit into a holster. Someone correct me if I am wrong. This laser is adjustable and pretty accurate.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
If you're looking for lasers for an everyday carry gun, I would go with the internal Lasermax. Have one on a Glock and love it. That or the Crimson Trace grips. I tried a CT grip on a Kimber and found my hand naturally like to block the laser beam, so I'm kind of turned off to CT grips. Like I said if this is for everyday carry spend the extra money and get something light, small, and usefull. When you start adding on rail accessories to a pistol you CC everyday it's going to get heavier and possibly more uncomfortable leading to the possible risk of you leaving it at home.

As for holsters, my Crossbreed ST does not have the room for a laser on the rail, nor do I think I would want one. I'm not sure of many, if any, CC holster that allow for this. That is why I recommend the Lasermax.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Viridian Green Laser Sights - X5L - Coming Soon

Crimson Trace Lasergrips - Products

Insight Tech-Gear - Tactical lights, weapon mounted lights, tactical laser products and thermal imaging systems

This is the homepage for the three top companies, not counting lasermax since you already know about that one.

There is a thread that talks about the lasermax one that you linked, some people had some things to say about quality issues with it. The Viridian seems to be better quality even though its ugly. Insight technology is also great quality but they don't have green lasers that I've seen.

This link is the X2 laser, and is the only one I know of that is specifically sized for the SubCompact.

Insight Tech-Gear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts