Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just bought my 357Sig Service Model yesterday and went to the range that night. WOW! does this thing shoot. I was surpised by the amount of recoil it had compared to my Roommates XD40 rental we also had. The accuracy was there, but you were penalized if you did not watch your sight picture. A little more milliseconds provides you with a reward for that extra patience getting the sight back on target.

Overall I love it. I came home last night and cleaned it. Boy was I surprised. We shot about 150 rounds of Speer bulk range ammo. the surprise came when I went to clean the barrel. I have a method I have used since being in the military for cleaning a pistol. I spray the bore with bore cleaner (soak it is more like it), run the brush through it, then dry patch it. Now on the Taurus PT145 I had just traded in for this one, 150 rnds would have meant leading in the barrel, not only did I only have to run the patch once, the bore looked brand new. I was amazed. Tear down was much easier than the Taurus. It was just awesome.

This pistol truly amazes me. I came home and ordered a Don's guide rod with a #24 spring and stick on grips. Next payday, time for the sights.

I am an XD'er for life and will recommend to anyone that wants to talk guns. Thanks to all the helpful people on this board. The community and commerical side of this pistol is just as awesome as the pistol itself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing my last two mags before leaving I fired at a clean target. 10 to the head 10 to the center of the body. This was done at 7 yards with the factory sights.

HEAD:
I went rapid fire emptying the mag in about 3-5 seconds (at least it seemed that fast to me) all shots were in a 4 inch spread, with one stray just taking an ear.

BODY:
Rapid fire as well. All shots in a 3 inch spread, center mass, no strays. (Guess I better have the bad guys paint their chests orange for me)

It could have been better grouping had I taken the few extra milliseconds after each shot to make sure my sites were on target again. But hey not bad for a guy who just started shooting again after a 6 year stoppage and first night out with the new XD..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the family!! XD's are truly amazing!! No more Glocks for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I just got the DGR and #24 spring in last night (awesome product by the way) and will be shooting it tonight. I will post another range report this evening.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just can not stop loving that round!!! Enjoy and welcome not only to the XD family but the very special .357 sig family!! :D

Be safe, Big Jake

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome all.

I just got back from the range after putting the DGR and #24 in it. Fired 130 rounds through it and loved it. The felt recoil was slightly less, but more importantly the shot placement improved and became more consistant. Now the pistol only has 250rds through it and I can't stop saying good things about it. The .357sig is a sweet little round, that rewards you when you have a decent to good sight picture. I found it to be very unforgiving, but nothing that I would complain about. I feel that an unforgiving gun will make you become a better shooter.

The DGR and #24 spring performed as expected and really did help. Big thanks to Don for all the hard work he has put into this product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts