Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get some trigger work done on my XD9 sc. Has anyone used Springfield for these services? People recommend canyon creek highly and they are cheaper, but will using Springfield maintain my warranty?

Also with Canyon Creek, has anyone had the pre-travel/ reset job done? Would you recommend it?

Thanks for the help. :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
My gun had the competition package done at SA while being refinished under warranty. Because it was done at SA it will maintain its warranty - but I just opted to have it done there while it was being refinished, not because I thought CC couldnt do it, or that I was actually worried about the warrranty aspect. I dont think canyon creek was being advertised much at the time when I sent my gun in anyways.

My .357 SIG had a terrible long pull, reset was crap, and the lb was up there a good bit - 6lb+. SA fixed it up real nice. 4lb pull, short reset, shortened take up, etc etc. Made the gun that much more enjoyable to shoot.

If you're worried about warranty...go SA. IF not, go CC and save yourself some money..maybe have some additional work done while there?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it unreasonable to be worried about warranty? I have heard that warranty still applies to OEM parts. I guess I am just debating if keeping the warranty is worth another $50 or so if the quality of the two is equal.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
jlwatts3 said:
Is it unreasonable to be worried about warranty? I have heard that warranty still applies to OEM parts. I guess I am just debating if keeping the warranty is worth another $50 or so if the quality of the two is equal.
that is for you to determine. Do you want SA to cover the work under factory warrenty, or do you want CC to fix it if something goes wrong with that part. SA will only void the part worked on, and wont void for other malfunctions.

I had mine done at SA while in for warrenty work, so free shipping there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
$50 is a very small price to keep your warranty intact. CC does very good work from what I have read on a number of posts but if there is any chance you'll need the warranty I would vote for Springfield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts