Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can get a Range Officer with a rail on it? I have been looking but can't find anything. Just the operators and up.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
There are kits to add on a rail to a full sized 1911, but it always is goingto looked pretty cheesy. If you're looking for a railed 1911, and it has to Springfield, be prepared to spend more than twice the cost of a Range Officer. If it doesn't it have to be a Springfield, the RIA Tac 2011 is an excellent choice for a budget friendly railed 1911.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are kits to add on a rail to a full sized 1911, but it always is goingto looked pretty cheesy. If you're looking for a railed 1911, and it has to Springfield, be prepared to spend more than twice the cost of a Range Officer. If it doesn't it have to be a Springfield, the RIA Tac 2011 is an excellent choice for a budget friendly railed 1911.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Thank you

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The rail kinda goes against what the RO is all about. I'd look for a different model with a rail. Budget?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Only model with a full rail that won't run near 2 grand I can think of is the Rocks. Good looking guns with the new rollmark at the back of the slide.

If I run into a hi cap version I don't think I'd be able to control myself.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I forgot about those.

I dunno...torn. depending on how it felt, it might be nice to make one a bedside gun on a budget.

If I remember these exist in a few weeks, maybe I'll order one for fun.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Taurus doesn't have the best reputation but people that get a good one love them, a lot of features for the money.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
You're definitely new then :)

They're a well loved brand. Nothing wrong with the range officer though, seeing pics of the compact coming out, I think I need one of those.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Im new to 1911 but I have never even heard of rock island. I think im just gonna stick with the SA RO but Thanks for the suggestion.
Maybe It's just me, but I'd take an RIA anyday over the Taurus. Great pistols at an awesome price!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts