Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recieved my pistol back from SA for warranty work 2 week turn around, they replaced my locking block armory coated it due to unusaul wearing of the finish took care of my white circles on my night sites and replaced the failing recoil assy.
the coating looks top notch .. the pistol was detail cleaned...
i am very happy with the service except my bareel was not replaced even though it had peening... however where it had mad contact that area is radiused and shouldn't make contact anymore... since there are no cracks just some wear this should not prove to be detrimental ...

... well I got a response very quickly ...
and i am happy with it ...

Ken

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I am waiting for mine to get back too. Can't wait to shoot it.

Tim

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well, close. "Great customer service" would be if you called Springfield up and said "Hey folks, my locking block cracked. I'll send you an e-mail with pics amd you send me a new one. Include a postage paid label, and I'll even send you the busted one back. Four days? Great! Now that's why I keep buying guns from you people. Thanks, and have a great day."

I wonder how much of SFA's recent price increases are intended to offset the costs, of their policy of shipping guns back and forth for user-servicable problems.

·
Registered
539 Posts
well i got my gun back from SA and it seems to be all good now. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but the trigger seems fine now and SA was really good about humoring my countless calls.

I know some remark that SA detail cleaned their gun, well they sure didnt on my xd. It wasn't cleaned at all. but i don't mind. As long as i have my xd back.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Called SA last week on info about having my XD9 finished in Black T. They say their turn around time is 12 (twelve) weeks. What!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Deb at SA Custom show told me the Black-T finish is done by a third party company. That would explain the increased turn around time for that type of finishing work

1 - 13 of 13 Posts