Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with this combination?

I tried the 230 Gr. HST in my Springfield XD Compact and did not have success with reliability.

How has anyone's experience been with the EMP40 & HST 180 Gr.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The XD 45 had issues running the big mouth hydrashok and more than one person has the same issue with the HST.

It's a great bullet but if the particular gun won't run it reliably it does you no good.

About all I can say is buy a couple boxes (god bless 50 count HST being so cheap or what it is) and shoot the bejesus out of it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - for some reason my XD45c runs the 230 gr. Hydra-Shoks without a hiccup, but didn't like the same weight HST.

I'd actually like to move to the HST in my EMP40, but was wondering if someone else had any experience with them in that particular gun.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
You can have two same model guns and one might run them fine while the other gets jammed up left and right.

Standard procedure with any ammo you want to stake your life on is to put at least 100 rounds through failure free before carrying it if you got half a brain :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DevJames - Yes. I realize that. I was just trying to get some feedback before buying a couple hundred rounds of expensive self-defense ammo to test.

I did buy 200 rounds of HST in .45 and it didn't go well in my XD45c. I want to use the stuff, but if others had similar bad experiences with it in an EMP40, I might not go down that road.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
My service xd 45 runs HST's fine... I wasn't even aware there was a problem.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Randomly trying ammo is treating the symptom, not the cause IMO. I would contact SA and see if they can take a look at your EMP. A small throat & polish may be in order and they will probably accomodate. That will avoid wasting time sampling random ammunition types vs. getting to the root cause and without incurring any cost to you.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So back to my original question, has anyone had experience with Federal HST .40S&W 180 Gr. reliably and consistently feeding, firing and ejecting in a Springfield Armory EMP40?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts