Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering getting a xd9 tactical and sending it off to Springfield's custom shop for a "production package upgrade". What do you all think about this upgrade on a XD9 tactical for IPSC shooting? Does the match grade barrel really make a difference?

Would the custom work and the pistol be covered under the lifetime warranty still? If the warranty is no longer applicable i might send it off to prp our springer.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Any work done at the SA Custom Shop holds their warranty.

So your barrel, trigger job, sights etc. would be warrantied.

Any hand fit barrel done by a reputable shop will lock up better, that is what you are after. so yes

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
I had the SA Carry Package done to both my XD9 (in Fall 2008 ) and XD(M)40 (in early 2009). I was quite pleased in the results of both. Trigger action was much improved and the shop can lighten trigger pull to about 4.0-4.25 lbs with less take up and better break. I brought mine in, in person, and met with the tech who would be doing the work. He brought out (to the waiting area) samples of guns they had worked on to show me what they could accomplish and to see what I liked. As Insatiable One said, all their Custom Shop work preserves the SA warranty.

PS: I coordinated the work scheduling with Deb Else of SA. They had me drop off both hand guns in the morning when they first opened their doors; I just found touristy stuff to keep me busy in the area (took a trip over to the Rock Island Arsenal) and came back later that afternoon to pick up both completed guns. IIRC, they were finished around 2 o'clock. Jeremy was the tech who did the work. I also had the stock sights on both guns replaced with the Heine Straight-8 Tritiums at the same time.

ETA: I found the email I sent to SA after I tried out their work:
Jeremy,
I'm the walk-in guy from last week Monday, JM. You did the XD Carry Package on my XDm40, and tweaked the trigger a bit on my XD9 (previously had the Carry package done last fall). You got both guns down to about 4.0-4.25 pounds trigger pull. You also switched out both guns' sights to Heine Straight-8 Tritiums.

I had to tell you, after putting 110+ rounds through each gun today, the trigger action is terrific. I probably got the best groupings I've ever had with both guns. You were concerned that the Heine sight on the XD9 might be shooting a little low... I had no issue... was dead on vertically for me, but I was shooting a tad left of center (maybe 1-2 inches), but that might be me... we'll see how that goes with more work. The XDm40 was pretty much dead-on from the get go.

Thanks again Jeremy for the great service, and the very fast turnaround time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts