Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee, let me think about this. The factory wants to check over the gun to fix it if there is something wrong, do upgrades on parts, make sure it is 100%, and wont charge you for it? Hmmm..........doesnt sound too bad to me. DougC(and yes, I understand shipping charges suck, but use FEDEX 2nd day air...)

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I have no real complaints about SA. I love the warrenty, I love their customer service. My only complaint is the custom shop takes longer than competitors like canyon creek, but oh well. I will support SA as long as they take care of their customers. Im eyeing a m1a as we speak

·
Registered
443 Posts
I also Love SA, they do stand behind their products.....that being said, I wish the custom shop would be able to get weapons in and out faster....I sent in my Ultra Compact, and it took a month, to get a FTE fixed....BUT they did it and it works great....

I have been in the factory and had a tour, their custom shop is very small, to what most people think, including myself.....

They make a great product though...and like NExD said, I will continue to support them.....

P.S. Springfield please please make the USMC shooter emblem again!! :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moderators, could you delete this post. It was supposed to be in response to another post and I must have done something wrong. It sounds like I am griping about SA and nothing could be farther than the truth. Thank you, DougC

·
Registered
281 Posts
Complaints:

The XD finish sux. Yes I am aware SA just imports the pistol but for gods sake they should change the finish on it. Make it standard Armory Kote or something.

1911's - alot of them have been shooting low. I guess their sight height/installation is based off of a math formula rather than actual sighting in/testing. My 1911 out of the box shot 4" low at 50 ft. Sent it in and they installed a lower front sight. Several local gun club members have reported the same problem, as have many at the 1911 forums.

Only two big complaints really. But I give mad props to them for their warranty work and customer service dept. They took care of my problems and refunded me the shipping costs within a reasonable amount of time.

I would definately buy another SA....in fact, I plan to score me a V-12 or V-16 at the next gun show hopefully. I have some big plans for it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The XD finish is the same as any other blued gun I have owned. If you know how to maintain a standard blued firearm, then you shouldn't have any problems with the XD.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have a complaint. Sent my XD-9 in this summer for FTE problems. Got it back and it worked for maybe 500 rounds and then started up with FTE again. I took it to my local shop and was going to sell it but smith convinced me to let hi work on it. He did some adjustments to the camber on the extractor hok and tension tuning, now it works great. Why could SA not do this job right the first time?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Only have 1 complaint. I have a subcompact 9mm XD. It shot 6" low at 25yrds. Called SA. They gave me a special number so I didn't have to pay shipping. Replaced the mismatched sight and got it back to me in 2 weeks. The gun shoots great and has never had any other problems with close to a 1K rounds shot thru it. Excellent customer service!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I regret the day I purchased my HS2000. I could have and should have purchased a Glock. I could have purchased a new Glock through my employer for much less money than I paid for my HS2000. I know some of you guys think I should be grateful for SA honoring the warranty minus the shipping costs (I'm not!). I'm currently in the process of shipping the gun for repair (3rd time shipped for repair). Boy, this gun has become extremely costly.

I think it's a shame that SA allows the current quality control issues to exist. The Q.C. issues are later addressed at the owner's expense. I guess those of you with XD's don't mind going through the hassle of shipping your gun for repairs that shouldn't exist in the first place. Yes, the shipping is reimbursed for you guys, but you are spending unnecessary time away from your gun.

I personally think the HS2000/XD is a great handgun, and could be on par with Glock. When properly refined the HS2000/XD is as good as any handgun. It kills me to see the bashing of our gun on Glocktalk, but it is justified. SA needs to clean up their act and treat the HS2000/XD like their other established products.

That's my 2 cents!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts