Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live in Ca (unfourtunatly), and I was looking to buy a SA 1911. I called a few of my local gun stores and everyone I have called told me the same thing, SA 1911's are hard to come by, theres a waiting list for them upwards of 6 months. They all said similar things, their production is slow because their sides are made somewhere in South America at the same place tauraus slides are made. Im guessing its true because multiple people told me the same thing. Has anyone heard this before?? Has anyone ordered a SA 1911 and got a quick delivery?? Thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Is there a specific SA 1911 that you're looking for (i.e, loaded, mil-spec, GI)? :rolleyes:

I have the SA 1911-A1 Loaded in a 9mm and was able to purchase it immediately from our local gun store in PA.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking either a loaded or mil-spec, but everywhere I called was out of every SA 1911. How long ago did you get yours??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Some or even the majority of SA pistols are assembled in Brasil. The ones assembled in Illinois will have the NM prefix in the serial number while the Brasil assembled ones will have just N. My local shop normally have a handful of SA in stock including the TRP's.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I could only find one shop with them in my area...on the other hand, every store had the Taurus.

Springfield GI- $529 (Local Shop)
Taurus PT1911- $538 (Sportsman's Warehouse)

Best deals I could find--I will make my decision by Saturday morning.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Gunbroker is good as long as they ship to Kommiefornia, more and more aren't doing it because of the laws out there.

I just bought a Springfield 1911, the problem here is 'everybody' wants a Kimber.... pooh on Kimber. I'd rather have a good Springfield or S&W

You can also try KTPguns.com, they probably have about 30 used 1911's for sale and are easy to legally buy from.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My loacal gun shop has a SA Mil spec and a SA loaded both in stock. They also have several Kimbers in stock.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've been into 3 places in the last week that all had SA 1911s of various models in stock, must be a regional thing.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I think it depends on the Gun Shops wholesale dealers. I carry two in my store usually, but lately I've had issues getting them in. Same with a lot of the shops around here, they get one in about every four to six months. Even the bass bro shop down here rarely has a new one in. Dunno what is up with that. They have a S&W 1911 that has been there since I think the start of that line, and Taurus PT 1911's.

Also I guess it depends on what is going on. Last year I bought two SKS's for 75 dollars a piece. Fixed them up put some new stocks on them. They sat on the shelf for a long time. Towards the end of last year, they sold quickly. Now I hardly see any sks or ak, for under 400 dollars. What a country. :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was looking online to price an SA loaded in black stainless and everywhere is out of stock. I'm just trying to find out where they are priced now since most all things firearms related have gone up in price recently.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was looking online to price an SA loaded in black stainless and everywhere is out of stock. I'm just trying to find out where they are priced now since most all things firearms related have gone up in price recently.
And keep in mind, the longer you wait, the more expensive it will get.

Until the panic buying of guns and ammo slows, or no legislative action is taken or forgotten, they will continue to rise.

Buying ammo and guns right now is a better economic plan for individuals than it is to put it in our 401K's and stock options. :) You'll get a much nicer return over time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
And keep in mind, the longer you wait, the more expensive it will get.

Until the panic buying of guns and ammo slows, or no legislative action is taken or forgotten, they will continue to rise.

Buying ammo and guns right now is a better economic plan for individuals than it is to put it in our 401K's and stock options. :) You'll get a much nicer return over time.
I totally agree with you.

However, as a stubborn entrepreneur I am already selling stuff just to stay afloat- I use the SA loaded in black stainless as motivation that SOMEDAY I might be able to splurge. I like to keep the dreaming realistic though, and try to stay on top of prices. :)

Peace,
Snap

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just purchased a Springfield 1911 9mm Loaded Target. Got a $600 SA coupon for SA merchandise. I also live in Kalifornia and guns are flying off the shelf. Most shop stock is depleted and the manufactures are not replenishing demand as of yet. Plus in Kalifornia the DOJ, Dept of Justice, is making it more difficult to get new models into the state. Where I just purchased my 1911, three months ago their shelves were full. Now it looks like they are going out of business. The shelves are empty except for some of the higher priced guns of about $850 or more. They informed me their shipment of SA 1911's went out almost as fast as they put them out. They had one 45 left. Even the XD's were all but gone. No Walther's , hardly any Colts, CZ's, FN's etc. With a cost of shipping and $100 for the DROS and transfer charges it was cheaper to buy local through this dealer. Ten days is a long time to wait before I can pick it up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had ordered a 1911. mil spec about a month ago and my dealer couldnt find one anywhere, he finally found me a loaded and asked if I wanted this one or wait, I decided to take the loaded since it was there and it is a lot nicer piece. I paid 735 for this one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There definitely seems to be a shortage in Southern California. The cupboard is pretty bare in most of the shops I've been to recently, even the ones that won't sell a gun for a nickle less than MSRP. Heck, even many of the on-line sellers, such as Bud's, seem to be sold out of most 1911s. I have a Kimber Pro Carry on order from a local dealer, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
So I live in Ca (unfourtunatly), and I was looking to buy a SA 1911. I called a few of my local gun stores and everyone I have called told me the same thing, SA 1911's are hard to come by, theres a waiting list for them upwards of 6 months. They all said similar things, their production is slow because their sides are made somewhere in South America at the same place tauraus slides are made. Im guessing its true because multiple people told me the same thing. Has anyone heard this before?? Has anyone ordered a SA 1911 and got a quick delivery?? Thanks for any info

Where do you live? I know of a SA dealer shop in North County.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts