Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my first 1911 last week . It was a used A1 GI. .45. Was not pleased. I simply did not know enough about these pistols to understand good from bad. After sleeping on the deal I knew I had made a huge mistake. Gun was pretty beat up. So I started looking again and found a new shop and walked in to have a look and walked out with this.

It's as titled a NIB 9mm RO.
I'm in love! First 20 rounds standing with my 147 grain reloads. 7 yards .

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ooooh, I want one of those! Looks like a solid shooter, I'm envious!

What did you do with the first 1911?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Congrats! The RO is an amazing gun right off the shelf. One day I'll get the 9mm to match my 45

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Range Officer is one of the best bangs for the buck.

I wouldn't mind one, about all Id do is something on the front strap for more purchase on the grip.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I traded the .45 in for this for two reasons. I reload and only .380 for the wife and 9 for the XDs 9 and a XDm9. It was gonna cost me about 160.00 for another set of dies and 1,000 projectiles. Main reason though was this was a new shop and the guy was desperate to make a sale. I bought the GI for. 600 with 300 rounds of WWB thrown in. I shot em all. Haha! Shop owner offered me 500 for the gun. I paid him 299 plus tax and walked out with a pistol that shoots my 147 grain reloads like a 22 pistol.
I feel like the luckiest man on earth!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you sir. Was just at the grocery store and this was fresh on the stand.

Thanks GT

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, fine choice. The 9mm is a good way to enter the 1911 arena and shoot a lot more economically than with a 45. You have quickly taken to the 1911, judging from your target.

I happened into the local shop last December when one arrived, the intended buyer said no, and I said wrap it up. The gun was sighted perfectly, trigger is crisp and it has shot everything I pushed into the mags.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adjusted the rear just a couple clicks, replaced the black front with a Dawson Precision FO .180 x .100. Friggin awesome. Got about 500 rounds thru it now. Mostly all 147 grain Berrys or Xtreme RN pushed with Trueblue.

8 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Nice man! Love the RO. I told myself last year that the RO would be my next 1911. The only thing holding me back was the sights. I'd want it as a carry gun. Then I see that the compact/carry RO is coming out soon, so...that is what I'll get next for a carry gun!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They're a bit different. Lots of happy EMP owners though. Look at them side by side. The EMP is a good bit smaller.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Three inch vs four correct? Has the Compact/Carry even hit the street yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts