Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I always said if they came out with one of these I’d have to buy one…Dammit.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hard pass.

Another gun with that horrible grip texture, and Chinese optic.

If a gun can't be used in multiple day 1k plus round classes, I don't see the point in owning it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I could see this as a great buy if I lived in grizzly/moose country, but I think the 9mm (or if they release a 45...) is probably better in general.

@.45fan I'll pass on the optic too, but I'm confident (in fact I'm sure on the 9mm) that the gun would survive the 1k rounds plus classes... I just don't know if I would be able to put up with the 10mm recoil for more than the first 50 to 100 rounds haha.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I could see this as a great buy if I lived in grizzly/moose country, but I think the 9mm (or if they release a 45...) is probably better in general.

@.45fan I'll pass on the optic too, but I'm confident (in fact I'm sure on the 9mm) that the gun would survive the 1k rounds plus classes... I just don't know if I would be able to put up with the 10mm recoil for more than the first 50 to 100 rounds haha.
I was referring to the grip texture in the multi day class comment. Most people with XDm use gloves or tape in those situations because that cheese grater grip is horrible.

Not sure if the ootuc would last as I'm a proud American, I don't buy China products when American are available. I've see way more halosun fail than Trijicon optics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is available without the optic but with the slide cut so you can add whatever you like. I have a G29 and a 5.25 10mm XDm, I really like the grip angle and size of the XDm better than the 29. Will have to start saving my pennies or find a taker on the 29... Now the question is how long before a regular joe could actually find and buy one?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is available without the optic but with the slide cut so you can add whatever you like. I have a G29 and a 5.25 10mm XDm, I really like the grip angle and size of the XDm better than the 29. Will have to start saving my pennies or find a taker on the 29... Now the question is how long before a regular joe could actually find and buy one?
I picked up the 9mm OSP Compact a day before it was announced (saw it on Buds), but I was following (did not buy) the regular XDM Elite Compact and it was about 3 months after the announcement before one came in stock at a not so reasonable price.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was referring to the grip texture in the multi day class comment. Most people with XDm use gloves or tape in those situations because that cheese grater grip is horrible.

Not sure if the ootuc would last as I'm a proud American, I don't buy China products when American are available. I've see way more halosun fail than Trijicon optics.
Yes, I can agree that the grip texture on the XDM is not the best in that respect. I actually prefer the Mod.2 grip zone texture in terms of comfort in long sessions.

I agree in spirit on the optics, but my Holosun has been flawless so far and I got balance optics upgrades and the vacation budget. ;)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yes, I can agree that the grip texture on the XDM is not the best in that respect. I actually prefer the Mod.2 grip zone texture in terms of comfort in long sessions.

I agree in spirit on the optics, but my Holosun has been flawless so far and I got balance optics upgrades and the vacation budget. ;)
The bold is what most people claim when buying China products, to me its all about priorities. The Trijicon cost $120 more, I'll work a few extra hours to avoid selling out my country, while still having a budget for XYX (in your case a vacation).

Agreed on the mod 2 grip texture being better, I'm not sure why SA hadn't figured this out. U didn't buy an XDm 10mm because the .45 I had I hated so much because of the texture.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
No optic cowitness with the irons is enough of a no go for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bold is what most people claim when buying China products, to me its all about priorities. The Trijicon cost $120 more, I'll work a few extra hours to avoid selling out my country, while still having a budget for XYX (in your case a vacation).

Trijicon sights are 100% assembled in the USA they still import parts from Japan and the Czech Republic for some of their sights.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

Trijicon sights are 100% assembled in the USA they still import parts from Japan and the Czech Republic for some of their sights.

MADE IN THE USA

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG, VCOG, RMR, RMRcc SRO, MRO, Iron Sights, MGRS, CCAS, Thermal Optics, Ventus, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA.
Copied from their site at the above link.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Thank for proving my point.

Nobody is talking about rifle sights which have foreign parts.
The discussion is about handgungun rds.
What exactly is so hard to follow?

I can't believe you created a fake account just to argue incorrect information.

I have several RMR and RMRcc, they all have a blue box on the bottom of the pelican case they come in saying "Made in the USA"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank for proving my point.

Nobody is talking about rifle sights which have foreign parts.
The discussion is about handgungun rds.
What exactly is so hard to follow?

I can't believe you created a fake account just to argue incorrect information.

I have several RMR and RMRcc, they all have a blue box on the bottom of the pelican case they come in saying "Made in the USA"
First off calm down lol second I literally said some of their sights never specified pistol or rifle my point being not everything Trijicon sells is 100% USA made but whatever makes you feel better.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
First off calm down lol second I literally said some of their sights never specified pistol or rifle my point being not everything Trijicon sells is 100% USA made but whatever makes you feel better.
Where did I say EVERYTHING they make is 100% USA Made?

If you're too cheap to buy American, just say that. Don't argue something you're going to be wrong about.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts