·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up my new McCain & Palin soon. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Yup, A Horrible looking gun....For a Horribly run Campaign.

;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'll be picking up my new McCain & Palin soon. :mrgreen:
Maybe yours can meet my M&P, "Mary Poppins!"

Very nice looking one. The one I have was dated September this year so it's only a month or two old, and it doesn't have that little engraved whitish sentence on the right bottom side of the slide. Any ideas why they'd stop printing that?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Maybe yours can meet my M&P, "Mary Poppins!"

Very nice looking one. The one I have was dated September this year so it's only a month or two old, and it doesn't have that little engraved whitish sentence on the right bottom side of the slide. Any ideas why they'd stop printing that?
They print that warning on the models that dont have the magazine release safety on them. It says something along the lines of "warning, will fire without magazine inserted" (not sure the exact wording, but you get the idea). Mine has a july production date on it and has that warning on the slide.

So if your m&p has the magazine safety than I imagine it doesnt have anything on there.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They print that warning on the models that dont have the magazine release safety on them. It says something along the lines of "warning, will fire without magazine inserted" (not sure the exact wording, but you get the idea). Mine has a july production date on it and has that warning on the slide.

So if your m&p has the magazine safety than I imagine it doesnt have anything on there.
Correct. if yours doesn't have that warning, your gun will not fire if there is a round in the chamber and the magazine is not inserted. Many people don't like that feature. Mine is dated 4/08 and has the writing on the slide. You can buy them with or without the magazine safety.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Lol, you had me.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I still to see the benefit of having a pistol with a magazine safety. I took the one out of my Hi-Power many years ago (mainly to improve the trigger pull...a standard thing many do to the Hi-Power).

If I ever bought an M&P 45...it would have to be the model without the mag safety.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
180 Posts
At first I didn't like the idea of the safety but after thinking about it; why not have it? I don't see any significant benefits to not having it, and it could save my life one day during a cleaning- who knows?. Also, if you have youngins you wouldn't have to worry about it if they found the pistol if you have the mags hidden somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
When you get your M&P check the resistance on the mag release. A buddy of mine has dropped 3 mags so far while concealed. The mag release is super smooth and really light (Factory gun).

You may want to get a stronger spring for the release if it feels soft.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
im gonna be picky here ... i wish the squiggle lines on the slide were straight serations not swiggles.

whats the CTC on the grip stand for?

how did you get a proto type holster? Is that from connections cause you buy so many guns like luvmysig says ?;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts