Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i was at the gunshop lookin around and a found a model 59 first gen for 250. of course i got it! lol im pickin it up friday cant wait. its nickel, not really my style but it felt good in my hand and the only thing that matters is that I like it. It has some scratches and crap on there but thats nothing. Does anyone know any webistes to get grips for this? pics up this week for sure

this thing is beat up scratches all over. but thats why i like it ;)

and heres my winchester model 47 i refinished saved from a bunch o rust.

sorry crappy cell pics.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Congrats, very nice guns for the money.
Hogue has rubber grips for it. CDNN sells extra magazines, maybe MIDWAYUSA.com too.
A quick search engine will show you online stores.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for post man aprreciate some input. ive looked so far online and finally found hogue wooden grips which look pretty nice. as for the mags, Il check out cdnn for sure. Ive looked at a few sites and all the mags for that gun been sold out or not in stock. I especially found a 30 rnd mag but unfortunatly it was sold out. hope some others have some more input. Ive done research on the gun but would like to hear if anyone else has some info about these guns. i wonder if you can use parts from a newer version on the 1st gen

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats on the pistol. They really a landmark event in American handguns. If I'm not mistaken it was also used as the base pistol for the SEAL's "hush puppy" used in Vietnam.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
RCMP still uses the updated version, rock solid handguns. Absolutely no reason to trade for plastic.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update update! pics up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts