Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 5 1/2" barrel .22LR chambered target pistol manufactured in 1978. I was fortunate to get one today in very good condition. Ammo is turning up more frequently and I've managed to get a small supply to shoot my rimfire firearms again-- especially this pistol.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Extremely nice. If it's anything like a browning medalist, it will be a blast to shoot and a tack driver.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Beautiful. Those are very special guns, most of the guys I shoot bullseye against are shooting those and if you got one in good shape you paid a premium for it but have a real gem.

They have a new performance center version out I'd like to at least see some day.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I owned an S&W model 41 with a 6 Inch Barrel and fired thousands of rounds through it in bulls eye matches and practice, it had the best trigger pull I have ever experienced and it was VERY accurate
Don't ever be too quick to trade it in or sell it.
You will never own another 22 pistol with a trigger pull like it has or as accurate.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Wow! Nice pistol!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the comments. The 41, by most accounts, is a wonderful performing classic pistol. I really enjoy shooting 22LR to hone accuracy skills and this gun will go nicely with my other pea shooters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts