Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get additional magazines for this gun but im not quite sure how to make sure im buying the correct ones. its a 9mm and the only markings on the mags is a "s&w" on the bottom. ive been told that it will take regular 1911 magazines but i have no idea. anyone have any knowledge about these?

and pics as promised...

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok cool. thanks for the link. wish they weren't oos haha

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
That is a great pistol. I had one many years ago that was new in box.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just sold my 39-2 this spring after having it almost 25 years. It will not use a 1911 mag. I had 6 mags for mine. Purchased over the years at gunshows, I had to dig around for each one. Be prepared to drop $30 or more for one. If you find one for less, grab it. Be forewarned, many hollow points will hang up in the magazine as it is narrow. The pistol was designed in a day that 9mm hollow points were almost unheard of. I didn't go to a lot of effort to find one that worked so you may have better luck. I stuck with 124gr fmj ammo.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a great pistol. I had one many years ago that was new in box.
i love it, my dad passed it down to me a few years ago. accurate little bugger.

I just sold my 39-2 this spring after having it almost 25 years. It will not use a 1911 mag. I had 6 mags for mine. Purchased over the years at gunshows, I had to dig around for each one. Be prepared to drop $30 or more for one. If you find one for less, grab it. Be forewarned, many hollow points will hang up in the magazine as it is narrow. The pistol was designed in a day that 9mm hollow points were almost unheard of. I didn't go to a lot of effort to find one that worked so you may have better luck. I stuck with 124gr fmj ammo.
i was concerned with the hollow points cycling as well because they would hang up when i was hand cycling it but when i got to the range they ran through without any issues.

ill keep my eyes open for them and see if that site ends up getting more in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts