Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped into a gun store in a neighboring small town this afternoon while passing through. It's a decent shop with okay prices but the real reason I drop in occasionally is the owner has an amazing collection of guns (almost like a museum) that are not for sale. The big draw for me is his Colt Python set. They're pristine.

Anyway, I spotted a .45 Chiefs Special in the case with a consignment tag on it. I impulse bought one of these in .40 cal last year. I really like the gun with the exception of the caliber. It was priced at $500 and looked to be in really good condition with decent night sights. The clincher was the original box with paperwork and receipt from the original owner. A cash offer and frantic search for an ATM nearby and paperwork was being signed.

I know it's not a collectors item but I've got a weird thing for compact .45's. It will join the XDs, G30s, and Kimber Tactical Ultra II in the stable of "little cannons."

And just to appease the Python fans:

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Those were neat little guns.

I expect a range report.

What's the capacity on it anyway? Seems like they were 6+1

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those were neat little guns.

I expect a range report.

What's the capacity on it anyway? Seems like they were 6+1
You are correct, mag carries 6.

I'm hoping to run a few mags tomorrow afternoon and I'll report back. If the trigger is as good as it's .40cal brother, it may see some hip time.

I text a buddy a picture of it and he already made an offer on the .40. I don't sell many guns but it never gets shot and will help me cut a caliber that I'm not particularly fond of.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The only reason I might pick up a .40 is because of how easy ammo is to find. Though I might get a .357 Sig and just order a .40 barrel so I don't have anything with that dirty bastard marked on the slide.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Very nice.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I like it, let us know how it shoots. It probably is easier to shoot in 45 vs 40

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I bet it will shoot real nice being a "real" pistol! Made of all steel that is...

Congrats, and have fun shooting your new mini hand cannon.

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
Nice!
I had one but could not hit the broad side of the barn with it.
Others tried it and wasn't much better.
Hope yours is a good shooter.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Very nice! I am looking forward to your range report.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Wow...Really cool!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Cool Smith, waiting to see how it shoots!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts