Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everybody's take on these guns? I haunt the local CCW board periodically for the classifieds, and somebody's wanting to part with one for a pretty good price, IMO.

I've had the itch for a .22 that's more sized like a carry type gun over my Ruger Mk IV target pistol for some time. Not entirely sure this would get shot a huge ton since I'm shooting almost exclusive DA/SA hammer fired in 9mm, but having the capability for a good feel and drop free mags has the potential to make me smile.

Really haven't got a "gun budget" at the moment, but I can find the $240 stashed around somewhere, too.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I use one to shoot critters. I bought it new on sale a few years ago for just under three bills. It is a good cheap gun.
Mine doesn't like winchester ammo but shoots everything else.
If shooting suppressed you will need to clean it often (200 rds).

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang. I wound up springing on the M&P. A case of "I'm in the neighborhood, and you can meet me at 9am, so I'm just going to do it". I am not disappointed with it, actually. Shoots quite well. I grabbed the tac light off my HD pistol and stuck it on for a few here tonight, and it might just be a slick "check the barn for four legged vermin at night" gun.

It's also a gun my six and seven year olds can manage. It's still a bit large, but they were able to keep most of the rounds on an 8" reactive target at 3 yards. Daddy is thrilled. However, I'm going to have to remember that PPK/S .22! Eventually I'll relegate the Smith to the kids pretty much exclusively, so I'll have to get another at some point anyway.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I know... older post, but just found it.

Before my local gun club closed, I was just about to get the M&P22 compact specifically for use as a trainer for the M&P9c we have and closer to my M's ..... unfortunately range closed, and not much time for more "practical" shooting.. just a bit of target practice, which my Buckmark takes care of just fine.

Still planning on the S&W 22 compact when there is some extra $$ around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts