Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S.P.O.T. (Superior Precision Optical Technologies) Red Dot Sporting Scope / Mark III and would like to purchase a new mount for it. I don't have much experience with scopes or mounts, so I was hoping to get some advice. My scope says the mount that came with it is a 30MM Cantilver mount. I would like to purchase from BravoCompanyUSA to save on shipping since I am buying a few other things from them. Would any of these fit my scope?:
Mounting your optic on an AR15

Some say they are for the Aimpoint, but would they fit mine as well? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
The ADM is absolute
The LT 150 is lower 1/3, if you want absolute with the LT it is the LT-152

I like the cantilever LT-129, it moves the optic farther forward, will leave you room to mount a magnifier behind the optic.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i ordered a ADM 68C from botac last week for my ML3 that i picked up ill let you know what i think of when it gets here.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Another option is the ARMS #22 with cantilever spacer! I might be selling that... ;)

Actually, I might be selling a LNIB Aimpoint Comp M3 (2moa) pretty soon... Don't know yet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
is the spot red dots any good. i have been looking at them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
They're good to go! I believe JHankG MIGHT be looking to sell his! You might wanna PM him and see if you can get him to sell it to you at a good price! :)
the spot is not a combat quality optic it is an excellent range optic and is suitable for light home defense

And before he upgrades his optics he probably needs to upgrade his rails to something a little higher quality than UTG

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I have the SPOT and I love it. While I am sure it isn't good enough to go knocking around in the sandbox, after reading the torture test on arfcom I am confident that it will be fine for home defense. I got mine from cs gunworks and I got it in 2 days for $160.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
the spot is not a combat quality optic it is an excellent range optic and is suitable for light home defense

And before he upgrades his optics he probably needs to upgrade his rails to something a little higher quality than UTG
He did, he bought the DD Omega Mid-Length. Although, I'll have to disagree... I'd rather have the optic now and then upgrade the UTG later. The optic will be mounted on the upper receiver and not on the UTG, so the UTG will not affect the way the optic will perform. NOW, if HE were to say that he was going to mount his optics on a railed handguard, then yes, upgrade the UTG and then get the optic. But in his case, he's not. But to each his/her own.

I only say this because, my DPMS has a UTG rail on there (it's been on there for about a year and a half now) and it has yet to effect the way my EOTech works, because the EOTech is mounted onto the carry handle. Also my DPMS has gone through some s. hitty ammo and not a lot of cleaning and the UTG is still going strong! It's my "mythbusting" rifle. :)

Also, I don't think JHankG is in any Combat Type situation, in fact I think the majority of us are not going to be either. :) But then again, those damn paper targets will give you one hell of a paper cut! So you better defend yourself right! HAHAHAHAHA

How's that Smith & Wesson of yours? You got one heck of a deal on it!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
guess i missed the part about him getting the DD rails,

then yep he needs to order an AP M3

its great im still looking at getting the troy 13.5 rails and either chopping my A2 sight down or getting a lowpro GB i am actually thinking about taking out here in a little bit and putting a few hundred round through it.
He did, he bought the DD Omega Mid-Length. Although, I'll have to disagree... I'd rather have the optic now and then upgrade the UTG later. The optic will be mounted on the upper receiver and not on the UTG, so the UTG will not affect the way the optic will perform. NOW, if HE were to say that he was going to mount his optics on a railed handguard, then yes, upgrade the UTG and then get the optic. But in his case, he's not. But to each his/her own.

I only say this because, my DPMS has a UTG rail on there (it's been on there for about a year and a half now) and it has yet to effect the way my EOTech works, because the EOTech is mounted onto the carry handle. Also my DPMS has gone through some s. hitty ammo and not a lot of cleaning and the UTG is still going strong! It's my "mythbusting" rifle. :)

Also, I don't think JHankG is in any Combat Type situation, in fact I think the majority of us are not going to be either. :) But then again, those damn paper targets will give you one hell of a paper cut! So you better defend yourself right! HAHAHAHAHA

How's that Smith & Wesson of yours? You got one heck of a deal on it!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I agree the spot is a fine optic thats why i said he should replace the rails before he thought about replacing the optic.

as far as the rails go if they work for your applications go for it. its not like they are going to cause a failure they just aren't very high quality for what you get. a YHM is 10 times the rail and less than $50 more.

the spot is quite durable for most civilian applications and a bargain for the price you pay vs what you get.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Funny how you buy the cheap stuff, then upgrade within weeks. :-?
Me or hank, I personally try and stay middle of the road. nothing to expensive nothing to cheap.

but every know and them i end up talking myself in to spending more than i know i should.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Me or hank, I personally try and stay middle of the road. nothing to expensive nothing to cheap.

but every know and them i end up talking myself in to spending more than i know i should.
"you" as in general, not aimed at a specific person.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought the UTG rail because I had no intentions of ever mounting anything on them. If that was still the case, I would be keeping them because they lock up tight and do their job. However, since I bought the UTG rail, I decided I wanted to mount a flashlight and possibly a VFG. A knowledgable friend on this forum advised me that it would be worth the extra money to go ahead and buy the FF omegas since they do not require me to mess with the delta ring. I also think I am going to like the look of the continuous rail. I ordered a LaRue cantilever mount last night for the SPOT, so if I ever get the money to upgrade my optics to a Aimpoint, I will be good to go. I also added a MI rear flip up sight, and have thought about buying another Aimpoint clone magnifier, so these free float rails may be put to good use. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts